Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 PM

6 posts, read 9,174 times

Advertisements

Hi! We're new to the area and are looking to take a road trip just for a night, maybe 2, during the week between Christmas & New Years. We have 2 kids, ages 1 & 4 so we're looking for something fun for them. I was looking into Great Wolf Lodge, but was hoping for other ideas! Ideally I'd like it to be less than 2 hours away, especially if we only go for one night. I thought of San Antonio & Austin, I know they're farther, but I also don't know if they're very kid friendly from what I have heard. Any ideas??

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 AM

11,816 posts, read 26,653,817 times
Your kids' ages are perfect for Great Wolf Lodge!

Sadly, aside from Dallas, there is very little within 2 hours' drive. Wichita Falls and Waco are the only places I can think of, and there's not much worth seeing in either place.

You really should make the trip to San Antonio. Your kids would love Sea World!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:53 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,282,906 times
I would suggest the Gaylord. They have the ICE display, nice decorations, etc.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 PM

16 posts, read 55,182 times
Grapevine Mills, they have a Legoland and it is the first shopping mall in Texas to have a aquarium inside a mall too. They have great restaurants and a Cheesecake Factory. Grapevine Mills is nearby the city of Irving, which is within Dallas County so watch out for the road construction at TX 121, but if you take W Southlake Blvd it'll be no problem, so if you want to know any store listings, call this line from the mall, (972) 724-4900 .

Old 11-28-2013, 11:38 AM

277 posts, read 693,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsweets1079 View Post
Grapevine Mills, they have a Legoland and it is the first shopping mall in Texas to have a aquarium inside a mall too. They have great restaurants and a Cheesecake Factory. Grapevine Mills is nearby the city of Irving, which is within Dallas County so watch out for the road construction at TX 121, but if you take W Southlake Blvd it'll be no problem, so if you want to know any store listings, call this line from the mall, (972) 724-4900 .

However, Grapevine Mills (as is Grapevine) is in TARRANT COUNTY... just to clarify. There is nothing good in Dallas.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:42 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,836,279 times
I don't know where you're from, but one thing about Texas: If you want to do something, you need to plan on driving some. Everything is very spread out. There are nice museums in Houston. You might check that out. If you haven't been to the museum in FT. Worth, that along with the Zoo, could be a fun day trip.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,290,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsweets1079 View Post
Grapevine Mills, they have a Legoland and it is the first shopping mall in Texas to have a aquarium inside a mall too. They have great restaurants and a Cheesecake Factory.
Grapevine Mills doesn't have a Cheesecake Factory. The closest one is in Southlake Town Square a few miles away.

It's not real far out of town, but my wife and I did a staycation in Frisco a few weeks ago and had a great time. Hotels in that area and in neighboring Plano have really good rates (many less than $100 a night) and there's a ton of stuff to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth