Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 08:52 AM

8 posts, read 10,175 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are moving to Ft. Worth next month and need help finding a good area.

My husband will be working near I-35 and Rosedale. He would like to have a commute of under 45 minutes.

We have a house full of kids but school district is not important because we homeschool. I would like a kid friendly neighborhood, though. Safety is important. I don't mind living outside of Ft. Worth and would love to escape the high taxes. The houses I've been looking at have taxes upwards of 5,000. We could afford more house if we could avoid the high taxes in Ft. Worth.

I've been told Hulen Heights, Stone Meadow, Summer Creek Ranch and South by others but was wondering if there are other places?

Thanks in advance!

Tiffany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
Benbrook

Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Benbrook
I agree. You will be able to find a house in that budget, but not likely one with a pool.

The area around 35 and Rosedale isn't nice at all, and it doesn't improve until you get south of I20.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,141 times
Yeah, I agree with the Benbrook suggestion; it is a good option.

Burleson might be an option too. But I don't know what the commute is like these days.

As far as taxes go, you should be able to look up the assessed value and property tax rate of any property you are interested in via the county tax appraisal district web site.

Also, my folks are in Parker County. A house on their street with an assessed value of $207 (tax assessment, not market value) has a tax bill of right at $4k.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Thanksvfor the Benbrook tip. What about Crowley?

Old 03-23-2014, 12:42 PM

Also, what about SW Arlington?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
Yeah, I agree with the Benbrook suggestion; it is a good option.

Burleson might be an option too. But I don't know what the commute is like these days.

As far as taxes go, you should be able to look up the assessed value and property tax rate of any property you are interested in via the county tax appraisal district web site.

Also, my folks are in Parker County. A house on their street with an assessed value of $207 (tax assessment, not market value) has a tax bill of right at $4k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany2014 View Post
Thanksvfor the Benbrook tip. What about Crowley?
You should be able to find something decent within your budget in the Crowley area. However, the commute between Burleson or Crowley and the Rosedale area isn't the best. It's not like heading to/from the north on 35 which is basically hell on earth, but there is bad traffic. However, this may improve with the new tollway opening in May.

Traffic to/from Benbrook would be tons nicer. You could take Vickery Boulevard (Winscott in Benbrook) most of the way and avoid freeways or take 20 just a couple of miles to the new tollway once it opens.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany2014 View Post
Also, what about SW Arlington?
A decent area, but you may have a hard time finding something in your budget. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Shouldn't be a terrible commute on 287, but not a great one either.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 PM

I'm finding more in SW Arlington than in Benbrook. Not many options for us there. What about other areas in ft. Worth proper? With 3% taxes we could afford up to 170k for a home.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,141 times
I'm not an Arlington expert at all...but what is pretty consistently repeated in other threads on this board are that for SW Arlington you want to stay West of Cooper St. and look at the areas that feed into Martin High School.

What your budget will get you in that area, I'm not sure. I believe the zip codes for that area include 76006 and 76017 but you must make sure to stay west of Cooper and in the Martin High School feed zone.

I know you've said you'll be home-schooling, but real estate in the area can be hugely driven by school districts in terms of value and desirability. And in general, but not always, these can be some of the safer areas too (but not always!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth