Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM

119 posts, read 246,698 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping some people in the Fort Worth area can help us. My husband and I currently own a house in Far North Dallas but we plan to move to Fort Worth sometime this summer. Our budget is under 229k and we really want something nice/safe/growing. We really liked Summer Creek Ranch, specifically Bloomfield Homes and DR Horton in that area, but I know it's easy to put sizzle on a house. So, we've looked in Crowley the most thus far and we like it even though it'll be different from what we are used to in FND. I'll be at TCU working on a PhD and my husband will be working in Crowley or the surrounding area. We don't need schools (no kids and won't have them any time soon, but don't want bad schools to drag down property values). Any advice? We'd love to live by TCU but in our budget I'm not seeing anything impressive/well taken care of. We'll work with a Realtor, but for now, I'm trying to get ideas/advice about the area. There's not a lot recently on here about Summer Creek Ranch and barely anything about Bloomfield so I'm hoping someone can give us some ideas or insight!
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,520,995 times
I don't know many that are buying in Crowley ISD for resale. Not saying it's bad, but it is definitely not a sought after district. Neither is FWISD. Have you thought about a cute little house in 76107 or 76116? Wouldn't be a bad commute for husband to Crowley or you to TCU and closer proximity to fun stuff. Those areas don't have good public schools but are close to fun stuff on Camp Bowie (restaurants, yoga, grocery, etc) and are just generally more charming than Summer Creek. I am not a fan of the Hulen area in general unless you livein Mira Vista and even then I don't love it. Bryant Irvin and Hulen south of 20 are bears in the AM and PM. Heck Bryant Irvin south of 20 is a bear at 330 on a Tues...

Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,520,995 times
To clarify, 76107 and 76116 are FWISD. But they are areas popular with no kids peeps so that's why I suggested you look there. Small but cute houses in your price point good luck!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 PM

Thanks!! I'll definitely look into that!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:12 AM

I wanted to update this in case anyone else comes here looking for info. We ended up building with Bloomfield Homes in Summer Creek Ranch, in the new phase. Other than a few smallish things, we are really pleased. We moved from FND and really like it so far. It is about a 20 minute drive to the areas of Fort Worth we frequent unless we take the Chisholm Trail Parkway but that's ok. We pretty much sat in traffic for that long where we lived in FND anyway. This area reminds me a lot of McKinney when we lived there--definitely growing and doing so quickly. Thanks for the advice people gave--ultimately though my husband works in Crowley for the ISD and we decided we'd live closer to his job. We also weren't thrilled with the houses on the market in our price range in the areas suggested.

Last edited by tracenat; 07-06-2014 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth