Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 PM

25 posts, read 34,635 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I (in our 50's) are looking to move back to the DFW area from West Texas. We lived in Addison and Benbrook many, many years ago.

We both office out of our home. Access to DFW airport is important. One child away at College, the other one graduates soon and is considering SMU or TCU for her graduate degree.

We are in the process of selling our expensive home. We would like to buy something reasonably priced. Our incomes are good, we just prefer to spend our money on traveling etc. We would like to keep our budget at no more than 250k. We do not need a brand new home, established homes are just fine.

A lot has changed since we last lived in the area. I'm not sure where to begin looking. We aren't worried about school districts for our kids, but worry about resale in the future if we decide to move.

Where would you all suggest we look?

Thanks so much,

Kay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 04:32 PM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
Besides the 250k budget, what else is important to you? Do you want a typical suburb, or something different? Are you familiar with Tarrant County at all? If so, any communities you have seen that you liked?

Old 06-29-2014, 04:39 PM

25 posts, read 34,635 times
We have been back and forth several times, but never really paid attention to the housing. We lived there so long ago, much has changed. We don't mind an older upgraded home, suburb is fine, just don't want to reach out and touch the house next to us. We are pretty flexible actually. The home we are selling was our dream home and served us well while we raised our girls. This next home is somewhere that we will be comfortable and have enough room when our girls visit. We would love to still have a pool if possible.

We aren't stuck to any particular community really. Safe, comfortable and not overly far from the airport.

Kay

I wanted to add that we like the slower pace of Ft. Worth.

Last edited by kaybabycakes; 06-29-2014 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 07:46 AM

394 posts, read 1,256,435 times
I travel a great deal and access to DFW is very important for me, as well. Bedford works for me. It's a few minutes to the airport from here. Existing ranch style homes within your budget are all around in Bedford, Hurst, and Euless. Among the three towns, Bedford is the quietest/most laid back non-destination town. I like it here.

-Eric

Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
Las Colinas would be perfect. But price per sq foot probably better in mid-cities. So look in Hurst, Euless or Bedford. There are lovely neighborhoods all over and some really good values south of 121/183. But the hotter markets in HEB are north of 183 if you are concerned about resale.

Another suggestion, if space:home is your priority, is North Arlington. Some beautiful hidden gems and very good proximity to the airport. Look in zip 76006 or 76012 (Butler elementary for resale). Lovely terrain in N.Arl. and great location but the schools are iffy, so if that's not a concern you could really score.

Last edited by Squirl; 07-06-2014 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
will PM a great RE site for you to search with--
organized by county/town/neighborhood
searchable by map and features you want as well

I too like Bedford--
two very nice neighborhoods -- Brookwood Hills and Bedford Estates--in north Bedford--
15 min drive or less to DFW
easy access to almost any shopping you want including using the Bush to get to Plano or Airport Frwy into FTW itself

we live in N Hurst now--older neighborhoods but nice and property values maintained for most part--
lots might be little smaller than you might want though

if you want half acre lot you are going to have difficult time finding anything close to airport in your price range--
land in Mid-Cities is and was expensive--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth