Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:04 PM

317 posts, read 840,420 times

Advertisements

thanks guys. I've decided to go and pick them up inside the terminal.

Just to clarify:
- How much cash do I need to bring for tolls and parking? I plan to park at D and just walk to the airport from there (I'm assuming it's walkable, like any other parking lot). I imagine my car won't be parked more than 20 minutes.

-Any road or constructions I need to be aware of? I've never been to the airport, so will rely on my GPS. the general airport address is 3200 E Airfield Dr DFW Airport, TX. This is correct?

-any issues on potential parking space for D?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:52 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Here is a general tip on picking up passengers.

http://www.dfwairport.com/contact/as...php#passengers

I'm not familiar with Terminal D or International Flights if that's any different from what's described in the link, sorry. I don't think it's any different, but I've never picked up international passengers myself.

But I am familiar with the airport. That address is not quite correct. Can you just put DFW Terminal D into your GPS? You can on google maps. Access to the terminals is from International Parkway, if you look at Google maps, you will see it.

Yes, you should be prepared for traffic and construction. There is plenty of that. As explained in the link, you probably don't have to park if you don't want to. You can probably wait in your car on the road or in a waiting area until they're ready, and then pick them up right outside their baggage claim. But if you wish to park, finding parking in Terminal D should not be a problem.

George Bush Turnpike Toll will probably be more than Airport parking. I'm going to guess the airport toll will be $3, but why not carry more cash than that? You can pay by credit card.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
There are no manned toll booths coming from Plano on 121/Sam Rayburn to DFW area--
your car if it doesn't have a toll tag will have your license photographed by the cameras on toll sections and you will generate several separate charges --
you are supposed to be sent a notice to pay once the NTTA processes the info but have no idea how long it will take

Same way with the George Bush if that is closer for you--there are no toll booths to pay directly--
But you will pay to get in/out of airport property itself--

IF you come down I-35 and use 183 I don't think you will generate any tolls but don't know how convenient that will be for you

DFW does not have a true cell-phone lot where cars can wait for free for passengers to come in--
Once you cross the toll booths on to airport property your time starts--
and then depending on how long you stay in any short term/temp lot, you will pay based on the time you spend there...
IF YOU PARK AT D--all you do pull into the short term lot and walk across three or four lanes of traffic to go into the terminal---
the AIRPORT is an area with 4 terminals with parking lots and a hotel and many acres of land---

There are areas to park outside the airport property/toll gates--like at the Bear Creek Golf Course--but it is just better to gauge your time for getting there better--
track the flight and allow for time through customs--
I haven't ever gone international and have no idea how long it might take--and guess that depends on where you are coming from, time you arrive, and other factors...

Will say this again
LOOK at a Google map--the airport has undergone road work recently and some roads on property have changed--

Old 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM

440 posts, read 867,134 times
DFW is super simple…know what terminal they are coming in on and follow the signs for that terminal and park in short term parking and most all have 30 minute parking directly across from terminal opening…if it is an international flight it maybe you waiting for them instead of the other way-can take an hr or more depending on how many international flights are coming in at once. If you have no toll tag you get a ticket at the toll gate at DFW and then park and pay when you go through the toll gate on the way out….I do this trip every two weeks to pick up hubby I am usually there about 20-30mins cost is $2 for parking and toll on airport road. $20 should have you covered if you have to wait an hour or so..Having been to many many airports all around the world this is one of the easiest and cheapest out there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: