Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 03:58 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking about moving to the downtown area. We have a few appts set up, but was wanting to see if anyone else out there, might either live there now, or has in the past. Low to mid 200's. Just wanting to get out the suburbs...finally! Any info is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,886 times
I'd check West 7th area since it is a happening place these days. Montgomery Plaza I believe is the big location there. Lots of restaurants, bars within walking distance...also movie tavern and is a nice little set up down there.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
If you want to live IN downtown, I think the best places you could check are the old Electric Building and Hillside Apartments, but you're not going to find very many places in the low-mid 200's.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,832 times
I assume the OP is looking to buy? Historic Electric Building and Hillside are rentals.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Hey, i just returned home from a business trip to Ft. Worth. It was very nice! I was surprised...thought it was going to end up being a boring business trip. I stayed at the Embassy Suites on Commerce. I thought Dallas was the higher end city, but i was wrong. Ft. Worth has class...the women are stunning. Good places to eat...i enjoyed the Bird Cafe. Btw, i ate dinner yesterday at the Laredo Cantina and noticed a nice hi-rise condo near there. How much are the units there?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 AM

212 posts, read 477,349 times
Not sure if you're wanting to lease or buy, but if you put in the googler: "the Tower Fort Worth for lease (or for sale) " you'll get a good sample of prices for both. Downtown Fort Worth is great. If I lived in Fort Worth I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:12 PM

506 posts, read 2,149,188 times
Downtown and the West 7th Street corridor to University Drive/Camp Bowie/Museum District is the hot apartment/condo area. I don't know prices (and I think a lot might be rentals) but it's a popular and safe area with lots of nice restaurants and things to do. Another up and coming popular area is just south of downtown along Magnolia Ave.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:24 AM

254 posts, read 401,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Hey, i just returned home from a business trip to Ft. Worth. It was very nice! I was surprised...thought it was going to end up being a boring business trip. I stayed at the Embassy Suites on Commerce. I thought Dallas was the higher end city, but i was wrong. Ft. Worth has class...the women are stunning. Good places to eat...i enjoyed the Bird Cafe. Btw, i ate dinner yesterday at the Laredo Cantina and noticed a nice hi-rise condo near there. How much are the units there?
JL,

Great comments about Fort Worth that are right in line with so many others who are completely surprised by Fort Worth (and particularly by just how much culture a century's worth of cattle, oil/gas,and private equity fortunes can bring). I am still amazed by the frequent encounters I have with people - educated people - who think that Fort Worth is a) some kind of Army base like Fort Bragg, b) just the name of Dallas's airport or c) a distant and probably hick-ish suburb of Dallas as opposed to being the 16th largest U.S. city and one with a fascinating history and cultural assets that are well beyond what most expect to find (oh and that it is very distinct from its ugly stepsister to the east). So I guess what I am saying is... tell your friends.

In answer to your question though, the condo building you are talking about is called The Tower (it was fully remodeled/rebuilt after taking a direct hit by a tornado years ago - don't worry, that's an extremely unusual event - and was converted from office to condos. Prices start around the low $200s for a 1/1 (check out their website). They are nice but a little on the small side even for a downtown condo. But check around, there are some good spots to be found.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:38 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Well, we finally settled on a townhome overlooking the Trinity River and Downtown. Cannot beat the view, nature and the city rolled into one! We move next week(still waiting on house to sell, but oh well, Downtown won't wait!) Thanks for all of the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth