U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 08:21 PM

32,484 posts, read 50,959,934 times

Advertisements

We read the review for Meat U Anywhere (yes, the name is a little whacky) in today's paper and went there for lunch...it is off NW HWY in Grapevine

totally packed and people getting some large orders to take out--likely to work/office--
briscuit was very good--moist, with good char/rhine...sauce on the table was good--tomato based and not too sweet...
we also had link of German sausage between us--meat was grined more fine that how City Market in Luling cuts theirs--but it was good...
Had pinto beans--very good--and potato salad--again very good and not from Costco--

The restaurant is very small--and every table was full -- just enough people leave to fill them as people get their orders off the line...they give them to you on tray lined w/butcher paper and you pick up plastic utensils--
they have soft drinks but I didn't see any beer--maybe waiting for their license--maybe won't get one...

they started as BBQ catering I believe--so likely where the name comes from...

read the review--
it wasn't City Market--but it was best we have had outside Luling--
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 PM

986 posts, read 1,094,202 times
Thanks for the review!

We went to Anna's tonight in Tara Village. It was pretty good- not fabulous, but I will say the kid's plates were very generous. We are looking for a new standby since Matt's closed. We'll definitely go back.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:35 AM

10,505 posts, read 22,349,778 times
We love good BBQ, so we will have to go check it out!

Old 02-07-2015, 03:18 PM

637 posts, read 897,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Thanks for the review!

We went to Anna's tonight in Tara Village. It was pretty good- not fabulous, but I will say the kid's plates were very generous. We are looking for a new standby since Matt's closed. We'll definitely go back.
We've been determined to try Anna's and always forget about it. I've heard their Sunday brunch is good. I was disappointed that Matt's closed and a little ticked I gave them business in their last week when they stiffed their employees on pay for that time period.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:15 PM

986 posts, read 1,094,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
We've been determined to try Anna's and always forget about it. I've heard their Sunday brunch is good. I was disappointed that Matt's closed and a little ticked I gave them business in their last week when they stiffed their employees on pay for that time period.
That is terrible! Now my sadness at losing Bob Armstrong dip is replaced with anger on the stiffed employees behalf!

Old 02-15-2015, 03:24 AM

627 posts, read 575,602 times
Did you or anyone with you try the ribs? I have been in SOuthlake for 2.5 years and cannot find good BBQ ribs that is within a reasonable distance. We tried the Feedstore and it was horrible.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 AM

32,484 posts, read 50,959,934 times
We went on a Friday at lunch and ribs were available--we saw someone's order but frankly they are beef ribs and huge--not pork ribs...
the rib itself looked to be about 5 inches in diameter--with meat on it--but not what we were used to--
maybe I didn't get an accurate view--like it was stacked ribs vs one--
so can't help you except to say that most BBQ places I know about use pork ribs not beef
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth