Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 06:51 AM

13,676 posts, read 8,940,773 times

Advertisements

DreamVision to announce Fort Worth theme park, although earlier plans came to nothing | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

I heard this on the radio this morning, and looked it up.

Apparently, "Dreamvision" will be announcing today that they will build two (2) theme parks, each costing 3.5 billion dollars: one in Alabama, and one in Fort Worth.

However, as detailed by the above article, don't hold your breath. For one, seems that the company has made such huge announcements before, with no results. Two, seems the company had been sued for almost $100,000 they owed, lost, and has failed to pay the judgment (but claim they will be able to raise 7 billion for the two parks). Third, building a 'mountain' themed park in Fort Worth? Last I checked, we had few mountains in town. Finally, the article (and other articles) say that no one is aware of where said park could possibly be built (i.e., 5,000 contiguous acres within the city limits of Fort Worth).

When I heard the news, I was excited. After reading some, my excitement has worn off. Sounds like a scam of some sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 09:50 AM

286 posts, read 378,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
DreamVision to announce Fort Worth theme park, although earlier plans came to nothing | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

I heard this on the radio this morning, and looked it up.

Apparently, "Dreamvision" will be announcing today that they will build two (2) theme parks, each costing 3.5 billion dollars: one in Alabama, and one in Fort Worth.

However, as detailed by the above article, don't hold your breath. For one, seems that the company has made such huge announcements before, with no results. Two, seems the company had been sued for almost $100,000 they owed, lost, and has failed to pay the judgment (but claim they will be able to raise 7 billion for the two parks). Third, building a 'mountain' themed park in Fort Worth? Last I checked, we had few mountains in town. Finally, the article (and other articles) say that no one is aware of where said park could possibly be built (i.e., 5,000 contiguous acres within the city limits of Fort Worth).

When I heard the news, I was excited. After reading some, my excitement has worn off. Sounds like a scam of some sort.
As somebody who loves this city dearly, I would want for this to be true. But I can't see this happening unless there is some serious backing by multi-billion dollar investors, and/or corporations. Plus, I don't know the history of Six Flags (yes I know that is in Arlington) but taxpayers would not want to fund this. When the city is already focused on so much other stuff within the next 5-10 years. (Trinity Uptown, Urban Villages, South Main projects, East Berry Project, Texas Wesleyan Community revitalization etc..)

But hey one can hope!!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,504,574 times
did anyone read the article in today's FTW paper about guy from Dallas RE family (Lucas, I think) who is going to jail for defrauding investors about land deals--
supposedly he had an inside source at Disney who was tipping him about the "next big thing" that was going to appear in this area--
the guy was in reality someone he was in drug rehab with--

lot of smoke IMO...

Old 02-09-2015, 10:54 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,292,028 times
If you add "no money" to dream and vision, you have everything you need to know about this one.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Bud Kennedy has been tweeting from the 'presentation', which Bud said was the slickest thing he's seen since Billie Sol Estes.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM

232 posts, read 358,118 times
Lol Dream Vision is trolling so hard XD

Old 02-09-2015, 06:13 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
Don't hold your breath, folks...

Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 AM

Here is some more information obtained from Bud Kennedy (a reporter in Fort Worth): "Dreamvision" was incorporated in Wyoming in 2011. Their corporate headquarters is a small strip shopping center in a small town in Florida.

At the media event, they claimed they did not need financing: that they had it from some investment company. The CEO of said investment company was present, and said the company had been around for 20 years. Yet, said investment company actually was started on February 3rd. Said CEO invited reporters to visit his website: which turned out to be password protected.

Here is my thought: it is a scam, but whom are they scamming?

I would bet that this 'media event' they hosted yesterday in Fort Worth was aimed at Asian investors, such as Chinese investors.

They chose a name, "DreamVision", that is very similar to the well-known movie/animation company, DreamWorks. For all I know, the Chinese characters for the two names could be similar, if not exactly so.

From what I read, DreamVision recorded the presentation, and I bet also showed that local politicians (such as Fort Worth mayor, Betsy White) attended (one of the principals of Dreamvision had even given her $500 dollars for her reelection campaign) as well as a rather large Press presence.

So, I imagine that DreamVision will be showing this presentation (as well as the one they are having in Alabama tomorrow) to Chinese investors. "See, even the local mayor showed up! Look at the press coverage!" They will collect money, leave China never to return, and disappear.

Here is one article from Bud Kennedy:

Is DreamVision mountain just a tall tale? | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

Old 02-10-2015, 08:28 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,519,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

From what I read, DreamVision recorded the presentation, and I bet also showed that local politicians (such as Fort Worth mayor, Betsy White) attended
Betsy Price is the mayor of Ft Worth

Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Betsy Price is the mayor of Ft Worth
I got it half right! Guess I was thinking of Betty White, for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth