Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,741 times

Advertisements

After graduation I plan on relocating to Fort Worth from the Chicago area. I was born there and most of my family is down in Burleson, so I'm really excited about it! My question is, what is a good area to live in for a single 22 year old woman? I want a 1 bedroom apartment somewhere safe, reasonably affordable, and near good restaurants, bars, etc. I know to absolutely avoid the south side, but other than that I'm pretty clueless. I'll be going down over the summer to look at apartments (I graduate in December) and will be getting help from my family, but I'd like some other input as well! Specific apartment names would be appreciated!!

Also, I'm kind of worried about meeting people my age. My family is great, but all either older or younger. Any input on how hard/easy it is to make friends in the area would be awesome! Even with my family as a support system, relocating by myself is scary!

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 03:03 PM

286 posts, read 380,566 times
based off of your description and age, If you can afford West 7th St in Fort Worth that would be awesome. But cost even for a studio is roughly $1200.00 and goes up from there. There is a whole bunch of bars there, resevoir, dirty crow, the pour house, brewmasters and plenty of other things within walking distance. Definitely lots to do and downtown isn't too far either from there.

Check out more stuff here.

Home | West 7th | Fort Worth, Texas

Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 PM

11,827 posts, read 26,757,405 times
Where will you be working? That's usually a big consideration since most property managers won't let you sign a lease without a source of income.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,741 times
I currently work as a freelance graphic designer and I'll be graduating with a Marketing degree, but I'm considering going to TCU for my MBA so I haven't fully started my job search yet. That definitely will affect my apartment search. The jobs I'll be sending resumes for are about 50-60k starting salary.

$1200 is a little more than I wanted to spend. Those apartments all look amazing, though!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 AM

286 posts, read 380,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley177 View Post
I currently work as a freelance graphic designer and I'll be graduating with a Marketing degree, but I'm considering going to TCU for my MBA so I haven't fully started my job search yet. That definitely will affect my apartment search. The jobs I'll be sending resumes for are about 50-60k starting salary.

$1200 is a little more than I wanted to spend. Those apartments all look amazing, though!

What would be the maximum you would want to pay?

Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,675,006 times
maybe consider Hulen area--apartments there as well as resturants/shopping and pretty sure younger professionals
and it is fairly easy commute to TCU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: