Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 PM

57 posts, read 209,354 times

Advertisements

We're talking w/ my company about perhaps moving to DFW. HQ is in Las Colinas & I would be flying a lot: at least 2x per month, likely 3x. We currently drive 18-22 miles to work, taking about 30-35 minutes with little traffic (I know that will change...)--that's just how long it takes.

My wife & I both value the rural to suburban lifestyle we have now, but I don't want to drive an hour and a half!

Considering going to 1 income so my wife can help get our children (9 & 2) integrated into the new life, so cost is an object. We think we want to either build or purchase a spec home.

Need 4 BRs, about 3,000 sq ft minimum. We're working with a Realtor & he's shown us several areas we think we liked: Lantana & Roanoke--Chadwick Farms.

What are we missing that will give us the small town feel, as easy a commute as possible, the ammenities of a master-planned community, and not make me think about doing something stupid with creative financing to afford it all? I have posted this in the Dallas section as well.... All help appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,411,755 times
What is your budget? Have you looked at Sendera? It is more of a rural feel (kinda like Chadwick Farms) but still only about 20 mins from the airport. Did you have to commute into Las Colinas every day?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 PM

No, where is Sendera? I'll have to Google it.

Regarding commute: I'd go to Las Colinas 2-3 days per week on the weeks I'd be flying out, to the airport & back one other time during the same. On weeks I'm in town, I'd be going to Las Colinas every day. Office hours are typically 8:30-5, I think, although there may be some flexibility. I'll find out a bit more perhaps next week when I'm down.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 PM

GuingGirl, what's the ZIP for Sendera? There's a few that show up on Google Maps, none of which are the actual town. Is it near Haslet, in Tarrant Co?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,403,855 times
Sendera Ranch is a subdivision in Haslet I believe. It's in the country and it's very pretty out there.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,214,658 times
The zipcode for Sendera Ranch is 76052. There are several builders there. The drive to Las Colinas would be about 30-40 minutes.

Since you looked at Chadwick Farms, I assume that you are wanting to stay within the 250K budget. With regards to your requirements of the house, may I suggest the following communities

In Keller, Arcadia, Woodland Springs
Fort Worth - Beechwood Creek zip 76248, Rays Pointe 76248
Aubrey - Providence
Little Elm - Paloma Creek, Sunset Pointe

Good luck,

Naima

Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM

Thanks nsummer, I'll check them out. I guess I'm questioning the 30-40 minutes drive time from Sedera Ranch to Las Colinas based on what I've read so far, but I'll have to respect your opinion until I learn otherwise.

What are the development plans that could/will turn any of the above recommendations into the type of towns that we are absolutely NOT attracted to now, that would be far closer to DFW & Las Colinas, but a bit out of our league price wise at the present time, or is that just a forgone conclusion that we'll have to expect? Or, is that a reason to pursue a master planned community, as at least we have a reasonable expectation of what the finished product will look like?

Thanks for any & all feedback!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:28 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,700,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
The zipcode for Sendera Ranch is 76052. There are several builders there. The drive to Las Colinas would be about 30-40 minutes.

Since you looked at Chadwick Farms, I assume that you are wanting to stay within the 250K budget. With regards to your requirements of the house, may I suggest the following communities

In Keller, Arcadia, Woodland Springs
Fort Worth - Beechwood Creek zip 76248, Rays Pointe 76248
Aubrey - Providence
Little Elm - Paloma Creek, Sunset Pointe

Good luck,

Naima
We are in a VERY similar situation as the OP only our children are younger. Thanks for the information! I know I can look this up somewhere but since you are a realtor, which one of these has a better public school district? Also, we liked Chadwick Farms but are considering other options and these seem to look great. Now about what distance are these from the Southlake shopping areas?

Old 01-30-2008, 07:24 PM

Keller is 6 miles from the major Southlake shopping, according to Google maps (I was checking the location of the nearest Apple store & happen to know that that is where it is.) Not sure about the rest, but I think they are further away, some much more (Aubrey & Little Elm?) so depending upon time of day.

Current Texans/DFW'ers, how did I do?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:04 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,700,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishlandtoDFW View Post
Keller is 6 miles from the major Southlake shopping, according to Google maps (I was checking the location of the nearest Apple store & happen to know that that is where it is.) Not sure about the rest, but I think they are further away, some much more (Aubrey & Little Elm?) so depending upon time of day.

Current Texans/DFW'ers, how did I do?
If that is the case, that is pretty good. Just to let you know Amish, Southlake shopping center has some great stores and one very good specialty grocery store, Central Market. When you visit, check it out...THis thread has been such a GREAT help to us. I was set on Chadwick Farms but now I think we may have some other possibilities to check out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth