Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:54 PM

42 posts, read 159,678 times

Advertisements

We are relocating Long Island and husband will be working in Bedford. We are looking to rent a house for 6-12 months then buy. We wanted to be close to shopping, young families (we have 2 boys under 3) and a commuinty pool is a must. Any ideas on a nice community town? Husband will drive up to 30 min. We came upon "Hometown" in nrh and it looked really nice! We will be visiting in 3 weeks and will look further into the towns you mention. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times
You might really like it because it really has a very Cape Codish type feel. We drove in there and looked at a home for sale. I don't think there is anything like it around here. The homes are very close together, but I guess it could be looked at as "tight knit" as well.

Most everything else you will find here are brick and rock homes, you will find a rare stucco home, but it seemed that most of the homes in Hometown had lapsiding.

A lot of the homes have porches and seem nice. I wouldn't say good retail is all that close but probably not more than 15 mins away at the most.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 PM

thank you for your reply. Can you think of any other master planned communities in the surrounding area?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
You will really like North Richland Hills very nice community and also very nice people.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 23,730 times
i just drove past the venue at hometown the other day, its about 10 min from where i live.. i drive up that way occasionaly to shop at kohls, and i just noticed it! its an amazing property! lofts w/ elevators and retail on the bottom of three floors. im in property management and have worked at a couple very nice properties, but even this one stuck out to me. they started leasing in oct. 07' and i called the other day and they are about 30% occupied right now, and everyday i drive passed there are more and more [nice]cars in the lot. its in a perfect neighborhood with lots to offer within walking distance and near the best school in the birdville school district, birdville HS. its almost in the same parking lot as starbucks, which is always nice =] and a black away from NRH2o. im moving to NRH in the next year or so to continue school at TCC (NE campus) and the venue is absolutly going to be my first choice for a home! plus blvd 26 (the street it is off of) goes straight into downtown colleyville, which is beautiful... =]

Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM

oh i forgot to mention i have a son, who will be three in may, and so the whole school district/community/family atmosphere thing is very important to me also. i would highly recomment NRH as well as most of NE tarrant county, mid-cities and north haltom as well (which is where i live now.)

Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 AM

thank you so much for your input! We'll definitely be checking the area out when we go in a couple weeks! i'm so excited!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
just some info from someone who has driven through HomeTown at different times of the day--
the thought behind the narrow streets and rear garage entrances/alleys which is about the only devlopment of its kind in NRHills area was that it would promote BETTER driving safety because the streets are narrow and with cars parking out in front of the homes drivers would naturally slow down--ther are lots of looping streets which make forward visibility more difficult as well with four way stops--again supposed to make people slow down and not get their speed up--but it does not always work that way...

the developer wanted maximum lot numbers--to get that he sacrificed width of street and gave homeowners alleys--where visitors aren't supposed to park--there are VERY few 3-car garages because the houses are more starter homes or smaller homes but also because there is no room on the lot for 3car garage
no front driveways off the street--
so there is really VERY LIMITED guest parking--
when teens have friends over or at holiday time, Hometown streets are wall to wall cars

Making it very difficult to drive through --especially when there is two-way traffic --and when there are small kids playing in their front yards, you have to be doubly careful -- because they can run between the parked cars and be difficult to see ...
I don't think I have read about any accidents from kids being hit--but it would make me very nervous if I were a parent living there...

the location for Home Town is great--close to the new school BISD built--close to shopping strip with Kroger's and Kohl's and some restaurants--easy to get to NE Mall--
the look is one I find very attractive--
but think you really need to drive through that area and see what the traffic is like at different times of the day--like morning commute--evening coming home--
think about how easy it would be for your visitors to park--and see how many cars are on the street -- on a Sat night when teens might be having kids over

lots are small and there is not much privacy in back yards
one builder I would not hesitate to recommend who has built a few homes in there is Elite Homes--builds a quality product--but most homes are David Weekly I think--

Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 PM

a few other places to consider near bedford are hurst (right around and behind the mall) the boulders (a fairly new property across hwy 820 from the mall) i have heard really good things about. its location is within walking distance of the NE mall and a starbucks. its surrounded mostly by residential areas, a couple car dealerships (saturn and lincoln) and right next to the new LA fitness they are building. also, Euless, which is the city bordering bedford to the north. off of 121 N. there are a couple really nice properties including The Mansions and Seramont. They are both surrounded by nice residential areas and right off the hwy and located right across the street from a shopping center that included target, la fitness, starbucks, and firehouse subs (the best!) but IMO Hometown is still in the best location.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Are you all talking about that new development off of Grapevine Highway across from the Kroger? I live about one block from there in Hurst and have been watching this thing go up from day one. It's really interesting and as soon as it was finished (even before) there were people moving in. There is a restaurant on the bottom floor.

Someone was talking about houses though. These are not houses, it is an urban apartment setting. I may be off track but I think this is the place you are talking about? It doesn't say anything about "hometown" in or around it though, at least not as far as I can tell.

Really nice apartments though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth