Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 01:39 PM

4 posts, read 5,014 times

Advertisements

We are considering building with Plantation Homes. BBB search turned up no complaints but wanting to dig deeper. Looking for feedback from those who have built since the recent upturn in the market (2013- present).

Thank you in advance for your time,
Sharon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,399 times
Hey Sharon!

I am actually in the search for a home builder and I was considering Plantation Homes. Mainly browsing for price and if they build in Rosharon. Just wanted to know if you were able to find any info on them and whether you decided to build with them already. If you could let me now I'll appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2016, 12:06 PM

We choose another builder. Our realtor had some less than ideal past experiences with them honoring warranties back during the economic downturn in 2009. Also the salesman for the community we were interested in was very pushy and obnoxious in general which was a turnoff.
We wanted a good deal of customization and he just kept telling us the standard floor plans offered were a better investment. Not the mindset that made us want to do business with them

Best of luck with your search, it's not easy, but it will be worth it!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:57 PM

241 posts, read 378,528 times
I doubt Plantation does a bunch of customization. I think their more custom/higher end division is Coventry, but even they aren't a true custom home builder. If you're looking for a lot of custom features, it's probably best to go with a custom home builder though builders like Coventry, Highland, Drees, Darling, etc. may be able to fit most peoples' customizations into their builds.

Out of curiosity, who did you end up going with, svperez?

Old 05-22-2016, 10:40 PM

We happened into First Texas and didn't realize the level of customization that they were willing to do at no additional cost. While I wouldn'tsay they are a custom builder, there was only one time I couldn't get a custom request and it was on a certain tile I wanted. We took one of the Jack n Jill baths and made it a ensuite for my daughter. Moved walls all over the house, custom cabinet features, enlarged our master shower to 3x6. Lots more but that gives you an idea. Cabinets are solid ash, no veneers, tankless water heaters are standard etc. I wouldn't say they are a high end builder, but they definitely gave me the ability to lay the home out as we needed to and we've had several friends in FTH for 10+ yrs with no major issues. The issues, they did have were fixed fairly painlessly. We have hired a inspector to make sure construction goes along as expected and they were fine with having him conduct inspection at a few stages along the way. Hope all goes according to our expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth