Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:22 PM

9 posts, read 16,082 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll! I have just recently relocated from Missouri to the beautiful Fort Worth area as of last November, 2015. So far, things have been great! Anyways, I have 2 vehicles and was only able to bring one vehicle down to this great state due to the fact I had no place to store the other one. (No garage). Within 30 days, I registered the vehicle I brought down here, got my official Texas license and everything. Meanwhile, my other vehicle is still in Missouri until I can get into a house here with a garage so it can be stored here and enjoyed on the weekends, car shows, etc. So my question is, what is the proper way to handle this situation. The vehicle in Missouri still has insurance, Missouri title and tags but is just sitting there in storage for now, and possibly for up to a year. Since I am no longer a Missouri resident, Missouri has deleted my vehicles off of my record and now this car is just kind of in limbo you could say. Any ideas on what should be done here? Thankyou in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,436 times
I would officially call the county registrar for official word, but ...

If you are not driving it on the road, they don't care. If you aren't trying to sell it in Texas, they don't care. It's about use of roads, liability ( insurance ) , safety ( does it meet inspection minimums for it's year model ) . etc.

If I remember correctly, all the timelines have to do with new residents getting your DL done and any vehicle you'd be driving around.... and really, as long as you had insurance on it. They have no way to know when you bring a vehicle in. For car shows and whatnot, you could probably get away for a long time driving it around once and awhile with MO tags and unless you got pulled over and didn't get into a wreck, nothing would happen until then.

Good luck. How does the state know you didn't just bring the car in? They don't. IMO. You'll be fine. But for real answer call the county.. that's what we pay 'em for. And don't tell 'em your real name! Heh.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:39 PM

9 posts, read 16,082 times
Thank-you for the response! After thinking about it, you're right that does make sense. I figured I was worrying about it for no reason. I will try to give them a call someday soon early in the a.m. Last time I tried, I was put on eternal hold and ended up burning through my hour lunch break on the phone. Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: