U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 AM

14,560 posts, read 27,017,505 times
Default Start A New Board For Mineral Rights

with all the people asking questions about THEIR mineral rights situations why not start a BOARD for those types of questions--
there are so many duplications--people don't read stuff that is already posted sometimes on the same page--
tired of looking at it frankly
most of them need more help than they can get here anyway since these are not legal opinions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
DFF

26 posts, read 144,506 times
LovesTR,
Mineral estate law and business is a complex subject. And there are a lot of stakeholders with a lot of conflicting agendas. Operators companies want leases with a minimum of commitment. Owners want quick cash and big royalties. Other citizens want a quality enviroment without the risks and impact of drilling. Governments want the taxes and have a lot of land that can produce cash for the schools, city, county or state. They also want to make sure everyone is playing nice.

As a home owner, I recently began to get solicitations for leasing. A lot of other activity is on going ... it's in the paper weekly. There is no one place to go to get even the basic questions answered.

For example, where do you find out what the potential value of a mineral estate might be or when to expect the royalties to start/stop? I could not find it anywhere so I started a blog to compile some of my findings as I explored the subject.

My findings may only be preliminary and one person's view but, if folks want to see them, they are at enjoy it!. Hopefully between my findings and comments from visitors, the blog will become a valuable resource. Let me know what you think.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 AM

14,560 posts, read 27,017,505 times
my husband has worked in oil/gas business for almost 40 years--so I think I have picked up some information along the way...most people think they are going to get rich from mineral interest on a siburban lot--not going to happen--anyone else needs to get legal advice

Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
DFF

26 posts, read 144,506 times
I agree that no one will get rich off a suburban lot. They should, however, understand what is going on before they sign a lease.

It is not in the interest of the operators and their stock holders to help the owners. It is their job to minimize expenses of leasing. And they know a lot more than the owners so guess who wins. And guess who has to live with the long term effects.

It's your gas ... enjoy it! enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth