Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:04 PM

158 posts, read 659,451 times

Advertisements

Moving back from OK. thinking about buying a home in Lantana, what is traffic like? Specifically: getting to DFW airport and into Denton? How about around the Highland Village Shops area? Husband mostly works out of the house but sometimes needs to fly. No school age kids; only college age living at home. Husband prefers master planned communities with ammenities. Previously lived in Hidden Lakes, Keller but wanting something built within last five years or so and new construction there is out of our price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 AM

712 posts, read 841,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblu View Post
Moving back from OK. thinking about buying a home in Lantana, what is traffic like? Specifically: getting to DFW airport and into Denton? How about around the Highland Village Shops area? Husband mostly works out of the house but sometimes needs to fly. No school age kids; only college age living at home. Husband prefers master planned communities with ammenities. Previously lived in Hidden Lakes, Keller but wanting something built within last five years or so and new construction there is out of our price range.

from Lantana area, getting to DFW airport and denton via FM 2499 (also named Village Parkway and Long Prarie Rd. ) would be pretty easy. It's also a nice calming drive -vs- I35, etc ...
It's a nice, new, wide (6 lanes) rd that flows pretty good even during 'rush hours' .
FM 2499 is being extended on the north end, and will soon connect to I35E at mayhill road - probably finished ANY DAY NOW...http://starlocalmedia.com/lakecities...6e1c29a55.html

Lots of Brand New stores (grocery/restraunts, etc) all around the area. Very safe too.

Only caveat I can think of is what high-speed internet might be avail (in any one particular area) - gotta check, if you need that for working out of home...

Lantana = pretty area (have friends live there).

Old 03-11-2017, 03:49 PM

158 posts, read 659,451 times
Thanks so much!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM

32 posts, read 52,543 times
I have to politely disagree with 2499 being a calm drive during rush hour. It is gridlock.

We are commuters living in SW Flower Mound (a few miles south of where you are considering).

I work in Dallas (7-4) and I leave the house at 6:25 am - 2499 is HEAVY but moving. My husband works at the airport (8-whenever). He leaves at 7:15 am and gets to work at 8:00 am (if there are no accidents on 2499). He is 10 miles door-to-door. 45 minutes to go 10 miles is VERY HEAVY traffic.

I cut through the airport on my way home. As I'm passing my husband's work at 4:30 pm, I know I have 10 miles to go and guess what...it takes 45 minutes to go 10 miles. :-) It's bumper to bumper.

The area you are considering is very nice though. We love this area. The traffic is our only complaint and it's getting worse. Many years ago, it took me 45 minutes total to get home from my job in Dallas. Then it crept up to an hour. Now it's 1 hour and 15. Totally worth it though and it's always taken me 35 minutes to get to work leaving at 6:25.

If your husband is traffic averse, can he schedule his trips so he doesn't have to go to the airport during peak times? If so, Lantana would be a great choice. 2499 is bad going south to the airport M-F 7-9ish am and coming home 4-6ish (husband leaves work anytime from 6-7 and he says its MUCH better).

Good luck with your decision.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:50 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Thanks for that info. I've been told many times that "traffic in/out of FloMo is nothing" but my experience is much closer to yours!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:04 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,316,643 times
Is 2499 traffic being made worse by the 35E project?

Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post

That's hard to say. Some people like to blame it on that. I think it could be but the population explosion is part of it too. I know I'd rather chew glass then ever get on 35 north of 635. I avoid it on the weekends too. WAZE never sends me that way for anything though.

I have two co-workers that live in the area. One lives in Lake Dallas off of Swisher and one lives in Lewisville off of 3040 and Edmunds. They both use WAZE and cut through Flower Mound/2499 to get to work in the AM. So based on that I can say "Yeah, 35 is causing 2499 to be a detour". However, 35 is still faster for them going home (imagine that!). They both work 8-5 (I work 7-4). I think 114 is a huge problem in the PM. My WAZE app doesn't even send me 114 home...it sends me I-30 West (smooth sailing) to George Bush (TOLLS!) through the airport when I'm leaving Dallas at 4. 114 is GRIDLOCK from Las Colinas to Grapevine in the PM. Add that to the gridlock on the north end of the airport...no thanks and my co-workers agree. I'll pay the tolls to avoid what I can.

In the AM 114 is smooth for me and my co-workers say it's not too bad but they have to leave extra early since 2499 gets bottlenecked at the DFW Airport/114 exit. They usually walk in at 7:30 am.

I work 25 miles from my home in Flower Mound. Waze takes me 5 miles out of my way going home because it's faster. So...30 miles to go home. The first 20 miles takes me 30 minutes....the last 10 is 45 minutes!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Thanks for that info. I've been told many times that "traffic in/out of FloMo is nothing" but my experience is much closer to yours!

LOL! I don't get it either...people tell me that all the time too and I have to remind them that I live it every day!

Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,488,859 times
If you need to go both to Denton and to the airport I can't think of a better place to live.
Nice combination of lots of different things.
Traffic could be a realtive word depending on where you're coming from.
I think it is about 16-19 miles from entrance of lantana to the terminals.
I think traffic tends to move pretty quickly in most cases on 2499.
Denton you can probably go the back way now on Teasley or Country Club.

Tons of stores at 407 and 2499.....and now Kroger just outside Lantana too.
Movie Theater, Restaurants and just about everything else you can imagine at 2499 and 407.

Two elementary schools and a middle school in Lantana now...

Old 03-14-2017, 12:02 PM

712 posts, read 841,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
It certainly does when I35E is SHUT DOWN for an hour by major wreck, like yesterday evening!

I drive I35E daily (north of denton to carrolton area) for last 10 years - have taken the '2499 detour' more than once over this time, and 'spent an hour' detouring rather than 'spending the hour sitting' - never saves any time - just driving rather than sitting. Have also taken 2499 many times visiting friends & airport. Crazy how it can be blessing or curse.

As 'bad' as the 35E project has been, twas never as bad as 635 or IH75 was 'back in the day' when those were being widened and I was having to commute that far in on those....

Can't wait till the 35E improvements are done (much of it will be completed by summer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth