Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 PM

63 posts, read 283,531 times

Advertisements

Might be moving to a new job in cowtown in the near future. I'm from Lubbock, and I'm relatively familar with the area. My wife and I would like to live on the western side of town. Someplace that's away from heavy traffic, crime, and somewhat rural. But not too far away from urban conveniences and work. We don't have any kids yet, so living in the best school district isn't an issue yet. I've heard that White Settlement is kinda run-down, but what about the newer areas west of 820? Benbrook also seems like a good fit, but I'm having trouble finding homes to rent or buy in that area. And then there's the Saginaw area. Northwest FW always seemed a little trashy to me, but Saginaw is just on the other side of the freeway from that area. Are there any locals that might have some info or recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM

34 posts, read 262,723 times
Default Come to Crowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTx View Post
Might be moving to a new job in cowtown in the near future. I'm from Lubbock, and I'm relatively familar with the area. My wife and I would like to live on the western side of town. Someplace that's away from heavy traffic, crime, and somewhat rural. But not too far away from urban conveniences and work. We don't have any kids yet, so living in the best school district isn't an issue yet. I've heard that White Settlement is kinda run-down, but what about the newer areas west of 820? Benbrook also seems like a good fit, but I'm having trouble finding homes to rent or buy in that area. And then there's the Saginaw area. Northwest FW always seemed a little trashy to me, but Saginaw is just on the other side of the freeway from that area. Are there any locals that might have some info or recommendations?
Have you looked into Crowley. We're 15 miles south of Fort Worth downtown and you'll find plenty of wide open spaces here if you want something rural.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,403,427 times
You mentioned Saginaw but then there is Haslet too and anything by Eagle Mountain Lake is really pretty. There is a lot of new development going in there right now.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,323,725 times
no, if i were you, i would head west-Parker, Wise counties...

Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 20,734 times
You definately do not want the White Settlement area. It is run down, sad to say, and does not hold any appeal. Aledo is a very nice area that is just west of Fort Worth. Many live there and drive in to Fort Worth for work.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM

121 posts, read 812,167 times
There are newer, nicer parts of the White Settlement area, and older parts of Saginaw and Haslet might still be a little trashier, there are some nice newer homes out that direction, some of them on small amounts of acreage. Aledo also might be along the lines of what you're looking for.

I'm not offering any info that's too dramatic, but I hope it helps a little.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:59 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,403,427 times
[quote=i_catch_tree_bass;329161]There are newer, nicer parts of the White Settlement area, and older parts of Saginaw and Haslet might still be a little trashier,
QUOTE]

Not sure what parts of Haslet you are talking about?? Everything I have seen is pretty upscale half million dollar ranch homes... Van Zandt Farms, Vista Ranch, Spring Ranch and Neward Ranch are the ones that come to my mind.

Saginaw is just a little blue collar is all and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

After spending some more time in the area out looking, there are some nice parts of Eagle Mountain but there are a lot of places that I wouldn't want to move out to.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM

96 posts, read 420,388 times
Quote:
I have friends who live right across the street from Saginaw in a new addition called Remington Park. It is really nice. They have been there since it was a fairly small development but is almost built out. That's not such a bad thing. They did complain about some shoddy work from the builder. Their neighbors seem friendly. I read you weren't concern with the schools. I'll just say this. I would look a little further north or west due to all the new homes bringing lots of traffic and big city problems to the area. The towns just outside of Fort Worth are experiencing growing pains. Road construction detours any which way. Bored teenagers up to no good in small towns with underfunded police in a lot of them. I am looking to move out a little past Weatherford. Weatherford is nice and many people find it appealing. Benbrook is expensive. One of my coworkers told me a lot to be over 100k.
My aunt lives there too and it I wouldn't say the town would be my favorite.
I am sold on Weatherford area but you would have a 30 minute commute into Fort Worth, or more depending on where your coming from.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 AM

9 posts, read 45,226 times
Hi,

Look around Aledo, Cresson, maybe Weatherford. The newer part of White Settlement is nicer but, not really remote?
If saginaw would work you may want to look around Sanger, Haslet, Newark.

Hope this helps,
Tronda,
Realtor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth