Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 AM

43 posts, read 45,810 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Keller and work in the Fort Worth medical district. I love the surrounding neighborhoods and of course my current commute is dreadful.

The only thing holding me back is that my son (13) has a really though time fitting in and actually finally made it to a place where he has a good set of friends and loves his school in Keller.

I'm desperate enough to where I've considered making the move and simply hauling him back and forth each day to school. I have family there so I could drive him to school in the AM and arrange for a ride home in the PM. With this I'm not reducing my commute at all and would remain the same however in the summer I'd be a 2 minute drive to the office.

Would that commute for my son be too much? I drive in the opposite direction so not sure how it flows the other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,186,646 times
I don't recommend it. My kids have a very long commute to school and it's really hard on him. We're trying to sell our house to shorten our commute. If you're in the Keller ISD you can't move out of the district and keep him there. If he's at a neighborhood school you can't move out of the boundaries and keep him there. It sucks but you need to make a choice.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:43 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,732,998 times
If the school district catches your son attending school there but not living within their boundaries, you can be in a lot of trouble. They can disenroll your son!

Stick with it for a couple more years until he graduates!

Old 07-11-2017, 05:19 AM

197 posts, read 227,478 times
If your son would not mind attending another high school, you might want to take a look at living in the Paschal HS zone. Most of the neighborhoods surrounding the medical district are zoned to Paschal, including Fairmount, Ryan Place, Berkeley Place, and Mistletoe Heights, among others. Paschal is a really diverse school, with a great college-preparatory program, and there might very well be a group that your son could fit in with there.

Of course, I'd wait until the summer between middle and high school before attempting such a move, to ease the transition for your son.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:41 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,186,646 times
There's a premium for homes zoned for Paschal. When I was buying land to build a house in Fort Worth the land available zoned for Paschal had that prominently mentioned in their advertising.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 PM

197 posts, read 227,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
There's a premium for homes zoned for Paschal. When I was buying land to build a house in Fort Worth the land available zoned for Paschal had that prominently mentioned in their advertising.
Though it must be noted that Fairmount and Ryan Place, while part of the overall Paschal zone, are zoned to lower-performing elementary (De Zavala / E.M. Daggett) and middle (Daggett) schools. This might be helpful with respect to finding a more-affordable place to live in the Paschal zone. Just stay west of Hemphill (and west of the railroad tracks that cross Hemphill in the Ryan Place area), as Hemphill and eastwards is not that good of an area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth