Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 11:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,595,110 times

Advertisements

My husband and I were gone for most of summer
Came back today and went to dinner w/friend who lives just off 26 and Brown Trail in Colleyville.
She had her grandson w/her and we dropped him off in Mill Creek---
Road construction on 26 and on other roads in Colleyville is awful!!
We wanted to eat at Esparza's in Grapevine and getting there took forever...
One way streets that dead end to T intersection where there is no 3 way stop to allow right/left turns in safety!
One lane road doing 2 lane service!
I can't believe the city engineers agreed to this massive amount of upheaval and didn't plan better!
The business owners on Hwy 26 have got to really be suffering...
Lost tax revenues but lost profits for sure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 12:36 PM

308 posts, read 635,197 times
It's getting absolutely ridiculous!

Grapevine Hwy (26 or Colleyville Blvd) is all torn up between Hall Johnson and Brown Trail. Glade Rd is closed west of 26. Pleasant Run southbound is closed south of Tinker. Tinker is closed at 26. Hall Johnson is down to one lane eastbound at 26. Southbound Bedford Rd is closed between just south of Glade down to Cheek Sparger. And there's probably more that I'm not aware of.

So at Glade and 26 it's closed or their is construction to the north, south, and west. I work in Southlake, live in Colleyville. It's getting nearly impossible to go west or north to work.

And school starts in the next couple weeks so we can multiply morning congestion by a factor of 10.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:32 PM

I probably sound like a worry wart but I am concerned about ambulance and fire response...
If there is an accident on some of those roads or another emergency situation in congestion times (most of the day now) someone is going to be dangerous straits...

And you are right...
Bransford Elem is really difficult to get to under normal conditions
W/this mess on 26 and Glade closed it will be a real nightmare
And you can't really walk to that school...

Surely there were people objecting to this total disaster at city council meetings...
What council members thought this was a good idea?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:57 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,297,435 times
The 26 project is being done by the state, not Colleyville.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:30 AM

308 posts, read 635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
The 26 project is being done by the state, not Colleyville.
You're right about that but the other projects have City of Colleyville signs on them. The rest of it is on the city.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:18 AM

Yeah, I was just pointing out that the most disruptive of these projects is not on the city. I was through Bransford and Glade yesterday and it looks like it should be opened back up this week in time for school starting. I believe the same is true for Pleasant Run between Tinker and John McCain. I thought I read that the closure of Tinker at 26 was supposed to be relatively short like the one last month at John McCain, but it looked yesterday as if there was still a lot of work to do.

Approaching 26 from Brown Trail, Glade, and Hall Johnson is a nightmare right now. I live off of Brown Trail and Cheek Sparger and we have to take my daughter to a lot of school and cheer activities in Southlake. We started using Cheek Sparger to take 121 and 114 into Southlake this summer and I can count on 1 finger the number of times it has taken longer than going on or around 26. I know it's all temporary and the roadway will be much improved, but it has been a headache.

The contractor on the Bedford Road retaining wall in Colleyville must be getting paid by the hour for their work. There are days when there isn't a single worker on site.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Yeah, I was just pointing out that the most disruptive of these projects is not on the city. I was through Bransford and Glade yesterday and it looks like it should be opened back up this week in time for school starting. I believe the same is true for Pleasant Run between Tinker and John McCain. I thought I read that the closure of Tinker at 26 was supposed to be relatively short like the one last month at John McCain, but it looked yesterday as if there was still a lot of work to do.

Approaching 26 from Brown Trail, Glade, and Hall Johnson is a nightmare right now. I live off of Brown Trail and Cheek Sparger and we have to take my daughter to a lot of school and cheer activities in Southlake. We started using Cheek Sparger to take 121 and 114 into Southlake this summer and I can count on 1 finger the number of times it has taken longer than going on or around 26. I know it's all temporary and the roadway will be much improved, but it has been a headache.

The contractor on the Bedford Road retaining wall in Colleyville must be getting paid by the hour for their work. There are days when there isn't a single worker on site.
Re. The wall contract
I have read that some contractors will bid a job at what they know is low ball to give themselves coverage and then work other jobs paying more interspersed vs getting the low ball one done quickly...
That was going on before we left in May and looks like it much progress when we came back in August...
Rain can't account for that much of a slow down...

Old 08-21-2017, 01:57 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,523,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My husband and I were gone for most of summer
Came back today and went to dinner w/friend who lives just off 26 and Brown Trail in Colleyville.
She had her grandson w/her and we dropped him off in Mill Creek---
Road construction on 26 and on other roads in Colleyville is awful!!
We wanted to eat at Esparza's in Grapevine and getting there took forever...
One way streets that dead end to T intersection where there is no 3 way stop to allow right/left turns in safety!
One lane road doing 2 lane service!
I can't believe the city engineers agreed to this massive amount of upheaval and didn't plan better!
The business owners on Hwy 26 have got to really be suffering...
Lost tax revenues but lost profits for sure...
It is terrible! People say the Colleyville elected officials didn't have anything to do with it but I feel like that is a total cop out. This morning there was a gas leak and it really messed everything up! It is no fun getting from one side to the other these days.

I work on 26 and we are not suffering (we are super busy) but there are anecdotal stories that nail salons, donut place, etc are slow. I think there is just a lot of competition for that around here. Taco Casa closed but word on the street is they are building new at another location and someone has already bought the building to remodel and open another restaurant.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:12 PM

26 is a state project. That's not an excuse. It's a fact. The project was planned in Austin, not Colleyville City Hall.

I went through that mess this morning around 9:00. I can't imagine what it was like an hour earlier with school traffic. Glade opened last week and the sidewalk in front of Bransford Elem. was open over the weekend. Pleasant Run is still a mess. I didn't realize how extensive that project is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth