Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:57 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,603,424 times

Advertisements

^^^^this

Lisa's Chicken. A local chain. Love their catfish. We stopped by last Sunday...call in your order swing by and pick it up. Husband has a chicken tenders and fries, I had one piece of catfish and some okra. Delish!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 12:13 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,193,564 times
Sad to report that the Lisa's University location closed permanently on Friday. The property is for sale – just too valuable being so close to West 7th, I guess. I heard that the employees are going to the Hemphill location.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,480,896 times
We are in Hurst and get catfish at the Chicken Express on Colleyville Hwy---
It is pretty good--
Slaw is ok---French fries since we are doing carry out are often soggy by time we get home
Hush puppies are good
They make fried pickles there as well
Don't have the green tomato relish like Catfish King had

Old 01-29-2018, 04:07 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,062,651 times
I grew up in a city on the Mississippi River, so I know what great catfish is supposed to taste like. I agree with the OP. You can find catfish in DFW if you look for it, but folks in DFW don't know how to make good catfish. The fact that folks are naming CHICKEN restaurants as places to get good catfish says it all. And for that matter, folks in DFW don't know how to make good fried chicken either...

Old 02-01-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
I grew up in a city on the Mississippi River, so I know what great catfish is supposed to taste like. I agree with the OP. You can find catfish in DFW if you look for it, but folks in DFW don't know how to make good catfish. The fact that folks are naming CHICKEN restaurants as places to get good catfish says it all. And for that matter, folks in DFW don't know how to make good fried chicken either...
Best catfish I ever had was when I was deployed to Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina. OMG fish out of a little food truck near Hot Coffee, MS.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Sad to report that the Lisa's University location closed permanently on Friday. The property is for sale – just too valuable being so close to West 7th, I guess. I heard that the employees are going to the Hemphill location.
What!!!

Dang. I believe it about the area being gentrified. I almost (!!) bought a condo on University 20 years ago, boy I sure wish I had....What was 25k is now 180k. Oh well. Living life in my big house, in the 'burbs north of 820. Ugh.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:42 PM

49 posts, read 59,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
If Gus', Buttons and Babes (and even Max's Wine Dive) aren't good fried chicken, then I need to try some of the chicken you're talking about.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:47 PM

Drove by the Lisa's Chicken on University Drive, the one before you get to 7th Street.

It was open for business with NO "for sale" sign.

I was relieved.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:02 PM

141 posts, read 134,589 times
Bayou Cat in Arlington

Shopping center at the corner of East Arkansas Lane & South Watson Road

Latitude: 32°42'25.92"N

Longitude: 97° 3'57.93"W

Old 02-05-2018, 03:56 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,062,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerandon View Post
If Gus', Buttons and Babes (and even Max's Wine Dive) aren't good fried chicken, then I need to try some of the chicken you're talking about.
Gus' is good, but it's an exception, because they actually expanded to DFW from a popular local chain in Memphis, TN, so Gus' is not really LOCAL DFW fried chicken (Memphis is actually the city I was referring to for REAL Catfish, fried chicken, and soul food). Buttons and Babes are terrible, though, and are examples of that bad, bland DFW fried chicken that I was talking about.

You can't really tell how bad it is, though, if you are not used to good, Deep South style cooking, I guess. So locals always rave about it, but growing up in a city that sits on the Mississippi River and sits right on the Mississippi state line, neither the local fried chicken nor the local catfish in DFW are any good to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth