Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 06:37 AM

197 posts, read 774,817 times

Advertisements

We saw a lovely home at Vaquero Country Club but were concerned with the number of empty lots.....

Any thoughts as to its future prospects?

Also, is Westlake Academy a sound school?

Thanks,
Lola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,924,399 times
It may not be so much lack of demand as Vaquero's policy of allowing club membership just for owning a lot. I know of two guys I went to high school with who did this, and niether one has the money to build. Sort of like getting the milk without owning the cow.

But I wouldn't worry about going down in value. Westlake and Southlake have zoning tightly controlled, this place will be exclusive part of town for decades. No other place nearby can compete. The small school district is top notch as well. Then you have that demographic who's buying in Westlake and they are not in short supply either.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,504,574 times
homes in westlake probably start at 1.5 million so most people in that bracket don't worry too much about resale

posts here about westlake academy--you can do a search and read input---few posters actually have children enrolled there though--
Westlake Academy is totally an IB school--that is not the right school environment for every child
this is from recent FTW star telegram article :

"Westlake Academy, which has about 350 students, opened in 2003. Its Primary Years Program for kindergarten through sixth grades was authorized in 2006, and its Middle Years Program, for grades seven through 10 was authorized in July.

Enrollment is guaranteed to Westlake residents, and other spots are offered to students from several neighboring communities. The school's annual admissions lottery was conducted Feb. 26. A waiting list for admission has about 1,000 names."

Old 03-31-2008, 06:32 PM

197 posts, read 774,817 times
Thank you! I looked at the thread you talked about...it was very helpful. What did you end up doing?

I have to say that I am concerned about the kindergarden curriculum. ANy insights into that?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth