Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 12:30 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times

Advertisements

Trinity High School is in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD, and it does offer an IB program. https://www.hebisd.edu/Trinity
Unfortunately, that would be a bit of a drive to Keller since it is east of 121, and the only direct commute would be on surface streets with stoplights, school zones, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 12:41 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Trinity High School is in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD, and it does offer an IB program. https://www.hebisd.edu/Trinity
Unfortunately, that would be a bit of a drive to Keller since it is east of 121, and the only direct commute would be on surface streets with stoplights, school zones, etc.
Yeah, Grapevine, Timber Creek, Birdville all might be a better choice.

I wonder if Northwest HS area would work?

Old 03-15-2020, 04:44 AM

197 posts, read 229,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yeah, Grapevine, Timber Creek, Birdville all might be a better choice.

I wonder if Northwest HS area would work?
The Northwest HS zone includes a wide variety of areas from suburban to rural, including locales such as Justin, Rhome, and Newark. Rhome and Newark are pretty far out and would be more rural, and I'm not sure that would be the lifestyle OP is seeking. You might also look into the Harvest development in Northlake, which is split between Northwest ISD (Northwest HS zone) and Argyle ISD. To my understanding, Argyle ISD is stronger academically than Northwest ISD (Argyle ISD is sometimes considered one of the "top" DFW school districts), though being a smaller district there might be fewer academic and extracurricular offerings relative to NISD.

Generally speaking, there will not be good shopping access in the Northwest HS zone, considering that much of that zone is still rural except around Texas Motor Speedway, the 114/156 intersection and the 35W corridor. If you are close to 114, then places like Southlake would be within fairly easy reach (albeit a bit of a drive). The Byron Nelson HS zone (generally most of Northwest ISD east of 35W, excluding the NISD section of Canyon Falls which goes to Northwest HS) will be closer to that.

There seem to be some decent homes in your price range in Sendera Ranch (feel free to PM me and I can tell you a bit more about the school situation there), although this is in the V.R. Eaton HS zone (and not Northwest HS or Byron Nelson HS). Sendera Ranch is a large development, but somewhat isolated in that only 2-lane roads lead out of that development. Sendera Ranch would definitely be a downgrade from somewhere like The Woodlands though (if you currently live in The Woodlands proper that is), as it seems to be your fairly basic, "average" suburb with an HOA providing a few standard amenities.

You might also look at the older neighborhoods right next to the Keller Post Office.

Last edited by bmlx; 03-15-2020 at 05:06 AM..

Old 03-15-2020, 03:23 PM

188 posts, read 376,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlx View Post
The Northwest HS zone includes a wide variety of areas from suburban to rural, including locales such as Justin, Rhome, and Newark. Rhome and Newark are pretty far out and would be more rural, and I'm not sure that would be the lifestyle OP is seeking. You might also look into the Harvest development in Northlake, which is split between Northwest ISD (Northwest HS zone) and Argyle ISD. To my understanding, Argyle ISD is stronger academically than Northwest ISD (Argyle ISD is sometimes considered one of the "top" DFW school districts), though being a smaller district there might be fewer academic and extracurricular offerings relative to NISD.

Generally speaking, there will not be good shopping access in the Northwest HS zone, considering that much of that zone is still rural except around Texas Motor Speedway, the 114/156 intersection and the 35W corridor. If you are close to 114, then places like Southlake would be within fairly easy reach (albeit a bit of a drive). The Byron Nelson HS zone (generally most of Northwest ISD east of 35W, excluding the NISD section of Canyon Falls which goes to Northwest HS) will be closer to that.

There seem to be some decent homes in your price range in Sendera Ranch (feel free to PM me and I can tell you a bit more about the school situation there), although this is in the V.R. Eaton HS zone (and not Northwest HS or Byron Nelson HS). Sendera Ranch is a large development, but somewhat isolated in that only 2-lane roads lead out of that development. Sendera Ranch would definitely be a downgrade from somewhere like The Woodlands though (if you currently live in The Woodlands proper that is), as it seems to be your fairly basic, "average" suburb with an HOA providing a few standard amenities.

You might also look at the older neighborhoods right next to the Keller Post Office.
Awesome, thanks for your insight. I actually live in the Montgomery side of Spring which is part of the Conroe ISD. I actually used to live and enjoy The Woodlands for what they have to offer and I was looking for a similar setting around Keller in the same price range. I am definitely going to look at some of your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Old 03-15-2020, 10:49 PM

141 posts, read 136,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyspot View Post
Good Evening,

My husband may have an opportunity to work with the Keller Post Office in the near future, so we are contemplating a move over to the DFW area. We have 3 children: ages 12, 9, and 7. I am trying to get some feedback on some good real estate for our money. We currently live in the Spring TX/The Woodlands TX area now and I would like a similar environment to raise our family.

I would like some idea on areas to live:

Max budget: $360k/4bd/3ba
Family friendly feel with good shopping, and great schools. My youngest has some reading challenges/ADHD so I would like a school district that can support that. I am a licensed counselor so I can work just about anywhere but would prefer my husband to have a short commute, under 25 min.

I love Addison, but I understand we are priced out of the area. What are your suggestions?
Addison? - You must really want your husband to spend his life commuting

Move into the Keller ISD catchment area, it's a similar environment to what you have now, most major stores and entertainment businesses nearby, very good schools and a reasonable commute

Old 03-21-2020, 09:13 PM

188 posts, read 376,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiatrails View Post
Addison? - You must really want your husband to spend his life commuting

Move into the Keller ISD catchment area, it's a similar environment to what you have now, most major stores and entertainment businesses nearby, very good schools and a reasonable commute
Not looking for Addison anymore. I understand now that the distance is too great and I would like to stay married

Old 11-26-2020, 11:56 AM

318 posts, read 337,710 times
AA Live in GCISD from Houston.

keep in mind DFW taxes are a lot lower than Houston.

Anywhere from 2.0-3.0% vs Houston 2.8-3.7%

There are a lot of new home communities being built off 287 (in your budget (FW & Haslet). That area is booming all the way up to Argyle.

Schools will be more diverse than Keller address. Keller is out of your budget.

You can get on the other side of 35 near Keller with a FW address used if you look hard.

Old 11-26-2020, 12:31 PM

141 posts, read 136,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonview View Post
AA Live in GCISD from Houston.

keep in mind DFW taxes are a lot lower than Houston.

Anywhere from 2.0-3.0% vs Houston 2.8-3.7%

There are a lot of new home communities being built off 287 (in your budget (FW & Haslet). That area is booming all the way up to Argyle.

Schools will be more diverse than Keller address. Keller is out of your budget.

You can get on the other side of 35 near Keller with a FW address used if you look hard.

You are correct; although Keller itself is outside their budget, living in the Keller ISD catchment area is not. We are a mixed-race couple who moved back to this area a few years ago. Our youngest graduated from Central High school and enjoyed being with kids that looked like him.

For their housing requirements, there are many houses in their budget range in the Keller ISD catchment area.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 3,466 times
Hello
I’m out of a job and want to relocate to the Keller / Fort Worth area from Corpus Christi. I have visited there and stayed off of 35 and Heritage. I’m 53 single female. Looking to find a job there or nearby. I want to live in a area where there are professional singles around my age near nice walking trails, coffee shops, outdoor eating and shopping. Not into the bar scene or lots of noise. I read another post about the crime there which really concerns me. How is the dating life there? I’m a Christian and also want to live near Non denomination church. I have a new home in Corpus and plan to rent out. I am looking for a town home community till I am ready to buy another home. Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciate !

Old 01-11-2021, 11:09 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
You should have probably started a new post since this one is old.

Get a job before you decide to move. Rental companies will not rent to someone with no income. Also, the DFW area is huge, and once COVID is over, traffic can be heavy. You will want to live close to your work to keep your commute short.

N Fort Worth/Keller is very family-oriented. There is not much of a singles scene at all. There is hardly any crime in that area, too. (The other poster was discussing the area just east of downtown Fort Worth.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth