Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 PM

683 posts, read 824,773 times

Advertisements

It seems that folks in the Springtown area are not taking this pandemic too seriously.
Went out for groceries and meds today and saw numerous non-essential businesses open and a lot of people going about life as normal. Nobody keeping their distance in line at the pharmacy.
And even in these times you still have those weirdos at the store who encroach on personal space, almost putting their hands on the same item you are reaching for. WTF is wrong with these people???

Maybe some have the disillusioned view that we are safe out in the country?

Last edited by Acntx; 03-30-2020 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: mod cut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 07:56 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,213,500 times
They think it's just city folks who will get sick.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 AM

160 posts, read 196,273 times
There's a lot of "old timers" out here that don't think any of this is a real concern. They aren't going to do anything the government tells them to do just out of spite.

If heard multiple people say "If I die, I die. I'm not locking myself in the house."

Have fun with that.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:12 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
People in less populated towns/counties won't take it seriously.

Not going to get into political or social commentary here, that's all I'll say about Parker County in terms of this virus...

Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,168,001 times
Fox News is playing in 90% of households in Parker County. It's no coincidence that they aren't taking this seriously.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:03 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
This is not JUST Parker county.

Trucker son was in Chicago last week and it was business as usual. Said he saw car loads of families, older folks. Said it was just like one long vacation. Same with Indiana and Wisconsin. Last weekend he complained that Dallas was the same - QT gas stations packed elbow-to-elbow, restaurants open.

I've always said people will take this virus serious when children start getting it and dying. Sad thought, but maybe that will get their attention.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:01 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
My friend in the Los Angeles area has the same complaint, many people there not taking it seriously. People are freaking stupid.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:23 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
The United States in infested with "rugged individualists" whose rallying cry is "You can't tell me what to do!"
They will be winnowed out accordingly.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:51 PM

382 posts, read 420,529 times
I'd suspect there's a correlation between voting patterns and belief that this is even a real virus. As recently as last week, some relatives in Wise County were still talking about the "hoax to bring down MY president".

Last edited by naterator; 03-30-2020 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 03-31-2020, 09:55 PM

79 posts, read 53,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
It seems that folks in the Springtown area are not taking this pandemic too seriously.
Went out for groceries and meds today and saw numerous non-essential businesses open and a lot of people going about life as normal. Nobody keeping their distance in line at the pharmacy.
And even in these times you still have those weirdos at the store who encroach on personal space, almost putting their hands on the same item you are reaching for. WTF is wrong with these people???

Maybe some have the disillusioned view that we are safe out in the country?

My daughter who lives in Aledo says the same thing. She has to work-she is caretaking, along with others the children of health workers so that they can continue to take care of their patients. Her own son is being watched by his dad who has taken time off from military duties but won't be able to do so for much longer. Every day she comes home from work and sees on her street at the end of the cul de sac a group of parents sitting in lawn chairs and the kids running all together playing. These same kids have knocked on her door to play with her son. What are these parents thinking? That being on locked down is for "other" people? I figure I am on lock down to keep both YOU and ME healthy. I don't see it as a political issue but others do and I also think there is a whopping "I am not going to let the government tell ME what to do" thinking in Texas. To me...it is pure math and science. Somebody's Uncle Bobby with the virus comes visit one of the families and there it goes. I can't come to Texas to help out because I am a senior (airports, crowds, and more crowds) but if I could, I would. AND I would tell a few people off. Well, with a big poster board on my car with my horn blasting all the way down the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: