Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 AM

11 posts, read 38,749 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband and I are moving to the Ft. Worth area this summer after living in Colorado, originally from the Dallas area. We have a baby on the way and looking for houses around or preferably under the 150k range (we will be going down to 1 income!). Knowing nothing about the Ft. Worth area, what are the good up and coming family friendly areas around there? We have been researching a bit and came across Haslet and Keller. We would like where we live to be something comparable to the McKinney, Allen, Frisco areas of Dallas. We are excited to be going back to Texas and have always loved Ft. Worth. Any advice would be very much appreciated for this stressed out pregnant girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 PM

8 posts, read 22,878 times
Default Keller v Haslet

Hey Girl, congrats on your move and baby. Well I live just north of there and it is a pretty nice area , both of them. But I would think you're more likely to find a home in your range in Haslet. Keller has gotten pretty uppity and expensive in the last decade or so. Plus Keller is a sort of 'boomtown' as in growth. LOT of growth there and it's busy and trafficy in my opinion. Haslet is a little more like country living . Depends on what you're looking for I guess. Good Luck and you can write me anytime for more info. I've live right here since 76 and know the area VERY WELL !

Old 05-03-2008, 09:52 AM

11 posts, read 38,749 times
Thanks so much! We are making a trip down there in July to check everything out with our realtor. We have heard other good things about the Haslet area and are looking forward to seeing everything in person.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 AM

6 posts, read 24,867 times
If you're in the market for a new home you can check Reata Ranch (Centex) and Tehama Ridge (DR Horton). My wife tells me they are both basically in Haslet. We just bought in Tehama Ridge.

There are other Centex, KHov, and DRH communities in Keller (and surrounding areas) in your price range, but I don't remember the community names. I encourage you to check each builder's websites for community location and info.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM

12 posts, read 59,769 times
A dire warning before buying a Centex home. My wife and I built one in 2004. We have had to put thousands upon thousands of dollars into the home. Centex sold us and undersized AC unit that never worked. Just a suggestion. Drive through a neighborhood over 3 years old with Centex homes. Not so nice. Take a look at the quality of home, not to mention the cheap lumber used for fences.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM

119 posts, read 514,049 times
i wouldn't leave dr horton out of that warning. just two weeks ago, me and my wife went for a walk around our community (presidio village). we decided to continue into tehama ridge. we saw a foundation about to pe poured on and to my amazement, there was some areas showing dirt (not covered with the plastic). they didn't care appearently. even when i told them and pointed it to them. be wary and pay alot of attention to the building process.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 PM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 333,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnallie View Post
We would like where we live to be something comparable to the McKinney, Allen, Frisco areas of Dallas.
I live just a few miles east of Haslet. I couldn't help but notice this line in your post. Are you looking for equivalent homes and prices? Or are you looking for an area that has the same ambiance and amenities? In my mind, at least, Haslet isn't exactly McKinney, Allen or Frisco.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
PLEASE---where are you working--living in Haslet and working in Arlington or Grand Prairie or south side of FTW is not a good idea....
there is no public tranportation from Haslet to anywhere--gas is expensive and our freeways are still clogged and getting worse...
I definitely suggest that you consider WHERE your jobs are and try to adjust and find someplace you like close to there...
Haslet to me offers little that is attractive from a physical standpoint--it is flat and boring--lots of new construction--roads in some areas are not that well-developed which means if there is tax money, there will be construction to upgrade them....
Northwest ISD is growing--their tax base will probably have to have a bond election soon if it already has not had one...there is retail going in but Haslet no way resembles Frisco/Allen area north of Dallas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth