Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 10:33 AM

83 posts, read 95,952 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am actively searching home buying in FW west side of suburb.
right now I guess my options are weatherford, azle, aledo.
anyone care to comment about?

about me: I am single 30s. work from home so location to work is not an issue. I am not necessary needing a big house since just myself.

I am focusing on SFH 200-300k, I think 1600-2000 sqt are acceptable to me.

I feel like weatherford is nice, not very familiar with azle or aledo.
my realtor pushes me to buy new built. But I want to close quickly (my lease expires end of Aug). New built needs to wait a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 10:54 AM

11,818 posts, read 26,657,615 times
If you need to move quickly, I agree that a new build is not going to work.

Since schools and commute are not important to you, I'd look in Weatherford. It's a nice community with plenty of shopping and restaurants, and home prices are lower than in Tarrant County. You'll only be 20 minutes from Fort Worth, too.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:43 PM

8,097 posts, read 8,227,474 times
Granbury is very nice, too. Its southwest

Old 08-07-2020, 12:57 PM

Thanks, my realtor recommended to me the DR Horton Harbor Parc community in Azle. It is kind of in my price range.
I am checking them out tomorrow, sales said they have some completed new built.
Anyone knows about that?
There is a morningstar community in Aledo ISD, it is a little more pricy, mostly in 300s. Bigger and looks better.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:01 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,519,238 times
For resale you would prob be better off buying in Aledo due to the school district being strong with families. Azle ISD is less desirable and not a draw.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:05 AM

22 posts, read 55,205 times
We too were looking west of Fort Worth. We were looking to build and wanted 1 to 2 acres. We ended up just south of Weatherford off of Tin Top Road.

We passed on Aledo due to home costs there - just more than we wanted to spend.

We passed on Springtown / Reno / Azle due to distance to larger stores and restaurants we frequent.

Weatherford area seems to be a good fit for us.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
We too were looking west of Fort Worth. We were looking to build and wanted 1 to 2 acres. We ended up just south of Weatherford off of Tin Top Road.

We passed on Aledo due to home costs there - just more than we wanted to spend.

We passed on Springtown / Reno / Azle due to distance to larger stores and restaurants we frequent.

Weatherford area seems to be a good fit for us.

Hi, I am actually also eyeing on some properties right around the area in weatherford you ended up with.
looks like we might ended in same area.
Also what is your age group? are you buying retirement home?

One question for your "Springtown / Reno / Azle due to distance to larger stores and restaurants we frequent."
if your stores and restaurants means downtown FW, won't Azle be a little closer than weatherford area west area you ended with?

I kind of like a couple houses in Azle, near eagle mountain lake, but Azle overall seems to fall behind Aledo and weatherford.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:47 PM

22 posts, read 55,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhongl View Post
Hi, I am actually also eyeing on some properties right around the area in weatherford you ended up with.
looks like we might ended in same area.
Also what is your age group? are you buying retirement home?

One question for your "Springtown / Reno / Azle due to distance to larger stores and restaurants we frequent."
if your stores and restaurants means downtown FW, won't Azle be a little closer than weatherford area west area you ended with?

I kind of like a couple houses in Azle, near eagle mountain lake, but Azle overall seems to fall behind Aledo and weatherford.
We are 59-64 in age. I still work (remote).

For shopping and restaurants - I meant in Weatherford - lots of stuff. And a new HEB a couple miles away in Hudson Oaks on I-20.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:12 PM

The market is kind of very hot now. What are people thinking?
I toured 7 houses saturday between the three towns, I narrowed to 4 to consider buying, then within 2 days, 3 of them are gone.
But I guess that proves I made good picks, just need to keep searching.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:38 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,604,216 times
We are set to close on a really nice 3 yr old home in a few weeks - in Weatherford. Looking forward to a smaller town.

Divorcing Fort Worth - but retaining visitation rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth