U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Location: DFW, specializing in NE Tarrant County, Southlake, Westlake, Keller, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Roanoke
77 posts, read 306,131 times

Advertisements

I'm probably just repeating what you've already heard. But I'll confirm that the humidity could be and is a lot worse in other areas! I lived in San Antonio and Austin and it was definitely more humid there. I've also lived in Washington, DC, and it is FAR more humid and miserable there in the summers. I can remember a thick haze covering the sky for days on end and a thickness to the air that was so heavy it was difficult to get outside to jog, play tennis, or even walk the dog. Yeck!

Not ideal in DFW. But not bad at all. Mostly.

Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 AM

5,292 posts, read 12,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmomof3 View Post
Thank you guys for your help. I sure think after toying around the idea of Ft Worth (or west a bit) and Albequerque, NM- Ft. Worth is so much more worth the money spent. Love the cost of homes there verses NM. I'll miss the mountains but you can't have it all. It's rather humid here right now in Omaha. BLECK.
According to wunderground and at the time of your writing yesterday, Omaha's temperature was 72 degrees, the dew point was 50 (quite delightful), and the humidity was 46%.

In Fort Worth at the same time, the temperature was 91 degrees, the dew point was 67, and the humidity was 45%.

The humidity was nearly the same, but the temperatures were so different and the dew point had no comparison. The dew point as stated below gives one the feeling of being uncomfortable. So you were "very comfortable" and Fort Worth was "somewhat uncomfortable."

I hope that helps.

Dew Point
75°F Extremely uncomfortable, oppressive
70 - 74°F Very humid, quite uncomfortable
65 - 69°F Somewhat uncomfortable for most people at upper edge
60 - 64°F OK for most, but all perceive the humidity at upper edge
55 - 59°F Comfortable
50 - 54°F Very comfortable
<49°F A bit dry for some

Right now, it 73 degrees, 80 % humidity, and a dew point of 66.

Omaha is 66 degrees, 73 % humidity, and a dew point of 57.

Close this morning, but still a bit different when it comes to the comfort level.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM

107 posts, read 1,107,874 times
Yesterday was gorgous. I think it was the day before or the one before that, that was so bad. It felt like we stepped out of the shower. The heat index was 102. It was actually about 95 or 96 degrees outside but humidity made it terribly uncomfortable. Today and yesterday (Sat and Sun) have been perfect weather for me in my mind. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 PM

5,292 posts, read 12,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmomof3 View Post
Yesterday was gorgous. I think it was the day before or the one before that, that was so bad. It felt like we stepped out of the shower. The heat index was 102. It was actually about 95 or 96 degrees outside but humidity made it terribly uncomfortable. Today and yesterday (Sat and Sun) have been perfect weather for me in my mind. Thanks.

At least you guys get a break; we don't.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,828,205 times
rbmomof3: Albuquerque is MUCH less humid. Not only is a lower dewpoint more comfortable, but it also means that it cools off more at night. The worst part about the summer in Ft Worth is the 80-degree low temperatures. I'm looking forward to autumn when it's really nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or