U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 245 times

Advertisements

Hi i just moved to the area near presidio and i was wondering where the best place was to find and befriend asian people in fort worth. Preferably the north. Also if theres any good places to meet gamers as well that would be a bonus!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 11:10 AM

2,011 posts, read 1,253,869 times
Irving or Arlington, depending on where you're from. Fort Worth doesn't have a very strong Asian community. My husband is Indian and the Asian grocery and restaurant choices in Fort Worth are lacking. If we want good Indian choices we have to drive to North Irving.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:39 PM
JJG

13,579 posts, read 20,425,695 times
There's a cluster of Asian communities in Haltom City, Euless and Alliance.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:36 PM

422 posts, read 287,499 times
Go to a local meetup for gamers or start one yourself.. Or maybe for anime. At worst, you'll meet a bunch of nonAsians who are into asian things.

If you're slick you can start one for Cosplay and find some chicks who might like japanese culture too.

And definitely Kpop meetups can be popular if you are active.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:51 PM

269 posts, read 289,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagamae View Post
Hi i just moved to the area near presidio and i was wondering where the best place was to find and befriend asian people in fort worth. Preferably the north. Also if theres any good places to meet gamers as well that would be a bonus!
There is a huge Vietnamese community in Haltom City and I mean huge, good pho if youre into vietnamese food. I guess the bigger question is what kind of Asian, there is a huge indian and Nepali presence in the 76119 and they even have indian grocery stores etc. Dallas has a huge Korean and Chinese community as well.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:04 AM

33 posts, read 16,632 times
Haltom City, North Fort Worth, Northwest Fort Worth, Fort Worth Alliance area, some in Argyle, Northlake and Haslet you can find Filipinos, Vietnamese and Laos folks. Haltom City’s mayor is a Vietnamese.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:21 PM

1,175 posts, read 872,287 times
What kind of Asian? Lots of people, but in very different places.
Arlington has a couple of Chinese/Vietnamese shopping areas off of Division and 303...so there is grocery, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
Carrollton near George Bush and Denton Hwy has a Korean shopping center surrounding HMART and a variety on the other side of GB surrounding Ranch 99.
Plano has has the same mix....
Harry Hines from Forest Lane to NW Highway has a concentration of Korean stores, restaurants, shopping, but some other people mixed in too.
Irving has a high concentration of Indians, Pakistanis, and Nepalese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth