Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 02:36 PM

76 posts, read 58,802 times

Advertisements

Anyone know about Keller when you get west of 377? Specifically, around the Ranchette Estates and Bear Creek Plaza?

What are the major differences between Keller "west of 377" and "east of 377"? Is it a crime/safety difference? Just older? I know there's a train that runs through and that seems like a problem. Is that train every day? Is the Kroger distribution warehouse a big intrusion? Is it considered all Keller as in police, etc or "technically Ft. Worth"?

Any differences that you can highlight between West/East 377 in general would be nice. Some of the houses we're looking at seem to be popping up West and up toward 170 north of Golden Triangle.

I'd like to know if there's any reason to have a "bias against" it or it really doesn't matter as far as location, safety, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 11:06 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
There are differences although people mix them together.
Keller is a relatively small town....I would guess police and fire are more responsive, vs big city like Ft. Worth city services...but that is a guess.

The trains are frequent and long.....I think up to two miles long...maybe 4-5x day. If you live on the west side and need to get to the east side, just allow plenty of time. Never been an issue for me really, but long trains and stops do happen and not always easy to go around them.

Never thought about it, but I would say in general east side of 377 is older, west side is newer, but that is very general....there are newer houses built on both sides in the last 10-15 years.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashakhs View Post
Anyone know about Keller when you get west of 377? Specifically, around the Ranchette Estates and Bear Creek Plaza?

What are the major differences between Keller "west of 377" and "east of 377"? Is it a crime/safety difference? Just older? I know there's a train that runs through and that seems like a problem. Is that train every day? Is the Kroger distribution warehouse a big intrusion? Is it considered all Keller as in police, etc or "technically Ft. Worth"?

Any differences that you can highlight between West/East 377 in general would be nice. Some of the houses we're looking at seem to be popping up West and up toward 170 north of Golden Triangle.

I'd like to know if there's any reason to have a "bias against" it or it really doesn't matter as far as location, safety, etc.
The train is all day, every day.

There are some really nice neighborhoods in Keller- and good sense of community. I like the older, nicer neighborhoods if that makes sense. They tend to be zoned to Keller High.

Being east or west of 377 and what that means for you depends on where you are going obviously, but I have to think that being East is more convenient.

If you are in Keller ISD, but FW address/ZIP, you will have FW services.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the response! I'd be working from home. Wife would have to drive around more than I would.

As long as it's not like "oh, West of 377 is significantly less safe" etc.

Old 02-12-2022, 12:21 PM

528 posts, read 1,283,521 times
I live in Keller on the east side of 377. In Keller, there is definitely a my zip code 76248 (east side) is better than your zip code 76244 (west side) Keller thing- I do not buy into that BUT it very much exists. Join the "Keller Neighborly Facebook page" and you can search and see what I'm talking about. There are four high schools in Keller ISD- Keller, Central, Fossil Ridge and Timber Creek. All four schools play football out of Keller as they share the football field.

The train is very loud and many times a day. We lived in an AIRBNB right near 377 on Johnson Road for about three months when we first moved here and it was loud and annoying. I would try not to live too close to 377 for that reason. I do not go on the west side of 377 often though I do go to the Costco and Home Goods in Fort Worth. I tend to go east to Southlake for anything else I need.

Last edited by livinginbuffalo; 02-12-2022 at 12:39 PM..

Old 02-16-2022, 01:32 AM

Thanks! But like, what's the division. What is the assumption or the supposed difference?

I don't care one bit about the perception or reputation but I do care of there is any actual differences ie quality of people and services, crime issues, etc.

My main thing with the train is if we have to go east for any reason and get stuck. I understand there's plenty of shops and such west and north, but still. Don't want it to be an issue. I figure noise isn't as bad if you're not DIRECTLY by it say a few streets over, though I could of course be wrong.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:52 PM

528 posts, read 1,283,521 times
The perception is the rich people live on the east side of 377. I don’t know what service differences there are. We just moved here last year so can’t help much about that. I now live probably two miles from
377 and in the dead of winter (when the leaves are off the trees) I can hear the train horns. It’s not the actual train you hear a few streets away, the train horn blares loudly all hours of the day and night. I wouldn’t be too concerned about getting across the tracks per se. It’s not like it’s constant. I do plenty of crossing over 377 and have only waited for a train once. But the train horns would bother me and would like it could be a negative when selling (if the market ever comes back to normal).

Old 02-17-2022, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
The perception is the rich people live on the east side of 377. I don’t know what service differences there are. We just moved here last year so can’t help much about that. I now live probably two miles from
377 and in the dead of winter (when the leaves are off the trees) I can hear the train horns. It’s not the actual train you hear a few streets away, the train horn blares loudly all hours of the day and night. I wouldn’t be too concerned about getting across the tracks per se. It’s not like it’s constant. I do plenty of crossing over 377 and have only waited for a train once. But the train horns would bother me and would like it could be a negative when selling (if the market ever comes back to normal).
Great, thank you for that insight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth