U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 7,572 times
Default Horseman's Ranch Community in Stephenville, TX

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the site and currently live in Washington State. Very curious about The Horseman's Ranch Community in Stephenville & Gainesville, TX. Anyone know anything about the builders, the buildings, the property, the weather, the job market, the people. I'm wanting to move within the next few years to a climate more suitable to horse activity and closer contact with other horse minded people. Looking into great horse communities. I have one child that would come with me and so the school system would be of interest to me as well.

Appreciate any knowledge you might have on these communities . . . or other suggestions.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 7,386 times
The communities at Horsemans Ranch are very nice. They are for horse people. Gainsville is very peaceful and still only 15 minutes to town or 50 minutes to the metroplex of Dallas

Old 06-22-2007, 05:29 AM

8 posts, read 47,010 times
Default horse friendly communities

If you find out about more horse oriented communities let me know. I'm looking for that too! I can't be super far outside of the metroplex though but am open to suggestions!

Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 PM

8 posts, read 18,900 times
We have looked into Stephenville, and find it to be a good sized town, but it has a west Texas feel. Dry, rocky, and not very appealing. A realtor took us out to a "Horse community" and all the houses were made out of metal barns. If you are moving from Washington, you might want to look into Athens, Texas. It's about 30 minutes from Tyler and over an hour to Dallas. It has beautiful, lush rolling hills and huge trees. Check out Waters Edge Ranch in Athens. It's a new gated community that has been subdivided from what was a 2,000 acre private ranch. They will have 25 miles of riding trails, a riding arena, and a 300 acre private lake. Waters Edge is only a mile and a half from town, but you feel like you are miles away in the country. We just bought five acres there. Their website is Waters Edge Ranch - A Water Ed and Lakes Community- Water Ed for Sale.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,527 times
Default Horseman's Ranch

I have just listed a property in the Horseman's Ranch in Gainesville. It does not have a rocky, dry feel to it. The Gainesville area has great oak trees and coastal grass that is great horse pasture. It is a definite horse lover's paradise. The lot I have listed is right across from the covered arena. It's over 9 acres. If anyone wants more info, I would be happy to help. shellie.prelle@century21.com

Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,709 times
I just moved to this area in Jan. and just love it.
All the horse and stock trailers parked at Wal-mart and area
restaurants just kills me )
Everything here revolves around the horses. Shopping for anything western is easy, I'm not the only gal in Wranglers, feed prices are much lower than I have ever paid living else where.
....and someone asked about the schools, this is Texas, I have never seen stronger community support for schools or the Students...
Hope this is helpful.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,595 times
i am planning on moving to the horsemans ranch community i have horses can i get more information and advice on the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth