U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM

6 posts, read 18,457 times
Default Marshall Ridge & nearby retail

Hi,

First time home buyer trying to buy a new home, looking in Keller area (around 300k) and we came across Marshall Ridge in N. Keller. My question is around the shops and businesses in that area ex: grocery stores, super markets, restaurants, pharmacies etc. I tried looking for these in the internet:
Walmart, Kroger, Supertarget, tom thumb, taco bell, cvs pharmacy, wallgreens, sams club, costco, shopping malls etc.

Looks like most of these shops are not nearby, atleast around 10 miles radius. Is this true or am I not seeing it properly? Or are there proposed future expansion of this area?

My second question is how frequently are those rail tracks be used? Some said it should not be a concern and some said it should be a concern? Will it affect the resale value of the homes later?

regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:11 AM

3,029 posts, read 7,514,225 times
I live in Keller
Quote:
My second question is how frequently are those rail tracks be used?
They are frieght tracks...used 7 days a week. They go through several times a day and during the night.

I live off of Rufe snow and can hear the whistle...
But I will say I no longer wake up during the night at 2am with it.
It's wierd because the entire time we were house hunting I never heardthe train in hte neighborhood we bought in (we looked a 4 houses at different times!) even when we were hear for 2 hours+ doing the home inspection, never heard it. UNtil the first night in the house!!

Marshal Ridge is ALOT closer so it will be more noticable. (don't know if you will hear the "TRAIN" but you will hear the whistle)

Trophey club off of 114 probably is the closest shoping grocery etc...(there is a thom thumb there)
Or you will have to go to the Kroger/Thom Thumb in on Keller pky and Rufe snow
CVS is right there as well, walgreens is down 1 light.

East of 377
For Super target etc...down south on 377 in Watagua has ALL of those, bed bath beyond, world market, Khols, Home depot etc...(around Busey rd and south)
Super walmart is off of North Tarrrent and DAvis and has a super Target there too.

West of 377..
There is a bunch of stores and a super Walmart...but i don't know exactly where.

One thing to consider....is that I believe that ALL the schools for that plan are across 377 and thus the train can come into play...for delays etc...

The houses there are beautiful and the property has hills and trees etc...
so look at all your pros and cons etc...

Old 07-13-2010, 11:09 AM

137 posts, read 194,868 times
As another 1st time buyer, I looked at houses in Marshall Ridge (MR), yes, it's a beautiful planned community, with house prices ranging from $275K +, I've seen some houses around $450K+ too in that area....

The train tracks that run opposite MR and parallel are used quite frequently, and you do hear the train whistles, especially around the MR area as that's where the train depot is located.

There's a lot of barren land in front of MR that's been zoned for commercial use, and it's been rumored that a Holiday Inn is also coming there.

As for shopping, your nearest bet would be as mentioned 114 & Roanoak or Southlake, or if you go further South on 377 towards I-820, there's Target, Albertson's and other shops, nearest Walmart is on North Tarrant Parkway!.

I don't think it would devalue your house with having a train depot so close by, but with commercial properties coming in as well, you'd be smart to look at all angles, good luck!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,245 times
I live about a mile away in McPherson Ranch just South of Hwy 170 and Alta Vista. I can hear the train whistle every time it goes through. After eight years it rarely wakes me but sometimes does. Late evenings you can hear the train's rumble on the tracks. I think the homes in Marshal Ridge are great and we need a larger home but we wouldn't dare move there because of the traffic noise from 377 and the tracks being so close. We may move to Saratoga instead for our larger home. Besides it's in NWISD Schools and you don't have to pay for school buses. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth