Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 PM

8 posts, read 25,976 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My husband, a teacher, and I are planning on moving to FT from a neighboring state (need to do more research before we actually choose a potential neighborhood).

I will probably work in Dallas – it seems that the job market there is better. How's the commute? Do you think that the arrangement would be practical?

I am a permanent resident alien and a college graduate - graduated in May of 2005 with a BA and emphasis on marketing. My background is in credentialing, some grant writing, and contract coordination/maintenance. Official title (marketing/admin. Assistant/med. staff coordinator) - do you think my job outlook will be good?

I am currently looking at potential jobs and fine-tuning my career goals. Planning on sending my resumes late March/early April - do you think that's a good time frame - considering I am planning on relocating/being able to start the job in July/August?

Also, I grew up in a big city – but since I’ve been to the States (7 years), I’ve lived in a small town. My concern is that I have never driven in a big city – it’s not problem to learn, but I will have to drive to my interviews in a completely unfamiliar city. I will be able to afford to go to FT/Dallas in March and drive around prior to my interviews. Still, I am a little concerned about driving and finding my way around Dallas… Wow. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I will post more questions as I do more research. There are so many variables and potential problems I have to anticipate…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 10:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Lots of people commute to Dallas from Ft Worth, but the traffic is incredibly slow at "rush hour". It would drive me nuts. You'd be better off living closer to Dallas if you're going to work there.

You're going to suffer some if you're going to move in August, unless someone else is doing it for you. It is humid and hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth