U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2008, 01:37 AM
lys lys started this thread

4 posts, read 84,458 times

Advertisements

We finally found a nice lil Home in Euless and will be moving into it on the 15th... Now, we are on the search for affordable appliances.

I already have a washer/dryer set in mind from Home Depot; but, if I can find it cheaper elsewhere - that would be awesome!

We also need a fridge. The space for the fridge is pretty small; so, we will be getting a basic top mount one... Still not sure which brand we want - just has to be small and energy star compliant (would like it to be black, too - to match the oven/stove which are already there).

I have heard there is a Sears Outlet in Dallas (near Marsh and Beltline, I believe). I'm going to try to find that outlet and check things out there...

I would like to know if anyone knows of any (honest/reliable) Scratch 'n Dent stores in North Dallas, Mid-Cities or Arlington area where I might be able to swing by over the weekend 'n check out what they might have...

On a related note: Anyone know of any "really great" appliance deals going on this weekend? Online or Brick & Mortar...

Thanks in advance!!!
/lys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 AM

1,379 posts, read 4,559,041 times
There is a Sears Outlet in Grapevine Mills Mall that is closer and they do have fridges in there. Hubby got a great deal on a circular saw there a few months ago. So definately go check it out.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:24 AM

6,679 posts, read 10,766,575 times
LOVE the Sears Outlets!! You will need to be prepared to buy what is there. They sell as-is, so don't buy one and expect to get something else...

Old 08-09-2008, 06:33 PM

7 posts, read 54,035 times
When we moved to Bedford last year we bought all our appliances at Best Buy. The best part is that you can let them know what your price range is and they will come down on the list price. We got some great deals. We also signed up for the BB rewards card and have gotten a lot of gift cards and coupons. It's a win win. The Sears in Grapevine mills is great too. Don't forget that if you need furniture to check out The Dump.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 AM
lys lys started this thread

4 posts, read 84,458 times
Thanks y'all!

Since I work in Dallas, I started out passing by the Sears Outlet on Marsh... Then headed out to the one in Grapevine Mills (I didn't even know there was one in Grapevine Mills! haha..). I found a NEW fridge there for under $500 (including tax and delivery!).

By the end of the day, I spent almost $1500 (total - taxes and delivery charges) and purchased a new fridge - which matches the rest of the kitchen appliances perfectly... plus a new front load washer and dryer set. All with high ratings online and all Energy Star!

I'm broke now; but, have exactly what I needed..... THANKS Again!!!

/lys

ps: I also had never heard of "The Dump". I didn't see your post before I started running around today... I did just look it up online and looks like something that my daughter might be interested in (she is looking for bedroom furniture for herself and her son). Thanks 'n thanks again!

Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 AM

6,679 posts, read 10,766,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lys View Post
I also had never heard of "The Dump". I didn't see your post before I started running around today... I did just look it up online and looks like something that my daughter might be interested in (she is looking for bedroom furniture for herself and her son).
I'm glad the Sears Outlets worked for you. They do have wonderful deals!! We've used them several times now.

The Dump is not so much of an outlet store as it is a bargain store. Their furniture is mostly higher-end pieces at reduced prices. You're not going to find inexpensive stuff here. Honestly, for more inexpensive furniture, go to the Roomstore Outlet or even to a regular Roomstore or Rooms 2 Go when they are having a big sale. And for even more inexpensive furniture, make the trek to Ikea in Frisco.

Good luck!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 AM

362 posts, read 1,151,716 times
Check out PurpleWave.com. Its an auction site that has scratch and dent. You can bid online but can drive up in person to view what you'll be bidding on. Online, click on Dallas auction but the physical location in I-35 North in Denton. A friend got a $1000 retail stove for $250 and it just had a little cosmetic scratch on the side which isn't visible from how its installed in their kitchen.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 24,424 times
I live near the Marsh Sears Scratch and Dent store, BUT is it worth the drive to go to the Grapevine store? Larger? More choices? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 24,419 times
Default scratch and dent

Texas Appliance on I-20 just east of 360 has a very nice scratch and dent selection.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 4,361 times
Default scratch and dent appliances

This is really great help. We just moved here and my washer didn't survive the move! Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth