U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 19,353 times
Default Meritage Homes

I am looking to buy a Meritage home, and I am curious if anyone knows anything about this builder. If you know something good or bad I would love to hear from you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 03:31 AM

62 posts, read 148,204 times
Default Meritage and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol J View Post
I am looking to buy a Meritage home, and I am curious if anyone knows anything about this builder. If you know something good or bad I would love to hear from you.
They seem to be ok . My friend wants to buy one of their homes . I personally looked at 3 builders in the north Fort Wort area including the Meritage . The Meritage seemed to have a good base price but terrible upgrade prices, especially on flooring . I liked the Newmark homes better because the builder seemed more honest and had a better quality . When I looked at the finish on the Meritage it seemed very sloppy and hurried . One would think they would put more effort in their model. I imagine the actual homes might have worse of a finish . The D.R. Horton homes seemed to be cookie cutter and built to satisfy the builder, sales people and their friends instead of the buyer.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 AM

46 posts, read 206,235 times
We went in a Meritage home when we were looking around at different models and I was not impressed at all. They were one of the first ones we wanted to visit when we went out there (from Florida) because they were so nice looking from the website. When we got there, the outside was absolutely beautiful, the downstairs looked nice, but when we went upstairs, I could feel the floors shake and I felt so sick to my stomach. I am not a heavy person by all means, but when I felt the floors shake, I couldnt even complete the walk through. I had to leave. We walked through many other builders where we did not have this feeling, and at that point we realized that Meritage would be scratched off our list of builders to consider. I just didnt feel the quality in this builder at all.

Jamie

Old 02-11-2007, 12:43 AM

9 posts, read 32,147 times
Hi,
I'm a Realtor, Three of my clients have purchased Meritage homes within the last 9 months, all are extremely happy with them so far.
No problems to speak of, a minor issue once or twice and their Meritage Home Warranty Representative took care of it immediately.

Tronda

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 26,675 times
Default meritage homes

hi, my husband and I went to look at meritage homes and were quite impressed. coming from california, these homes were bigger and at a more afforable price. We looked at their 5005sqft and 5500sqft models and loved them both. The only downside are the lot sizes. I expected more since it said 1/4 acre but the reality is that a 1/4acre is way too small for a house that size. The area did appear a bit cramped. This was also the same for Grand Homes. It almost reminded me of the house here in Cali. Big houses very close to each other. Now we are looking for houses that are on at least 1 acre.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:38 PM

1,379 posts, read 4,509,832 times
I have a friend that has a Meritage home in Crawford Farms and they seem really happy with it. When I visited her I thought it was really cute although she had a designer come in and do everything.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 6,024 times
Default Do not buy a Meritage Home!

Bought one in June 2008, have had nothing but problems. Almost 4 months later and they still have not fixed the problems. My wife has to constantly take days off work to wait for repairs to be done, and half the time the contractors do not show up or call. Terrible construction practices. Cracks in bathroom tile, floors squeek, bad electrical wiring in one of my kids rooms, etc. This is my first home, and I regret using this builder. My brother, and a cousin are now shopping for homes, and they will definately avoid Meritage. Use Wall Homes, Triumph, Sotherby, or anyone else.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM

140 posts, read 261,501 times
I sold a few of there homes and have never heard of any problems. Just remember, ALL builder have problem. You may be the unlucky one that buys the home with trouble. For ever bad house they let slip though the crack the build 100 good ones.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:38 PM

117 posts, read 337,157 times
i used this site as a great starting point for research. good luck.

HomeOwners for Better Building - Home

Old 09-20-2008, 07:18 AM

140 posts, read 261,501 times
If you want to see the bad about every home builder just google thier name. Just remember not many people ever post on the internet about there good experences with the builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth