U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM

102 posts, read 138,630 times
Default Best and safe Hispanic communities in the FW area or close by areas

Hello,
Can anybody provide us with information as to the best/safer areas where there is a big number of Hispanics in the Fort Worth or close by areas . We tried looking at domographics, but decided to also ask the people that live either in those areas or close to them. Here in the Chicago area, there are some areas where you don't really want to go even during the day time, but there are other areas where there is a big Hispanic population, and are nicer and safer than the other ones full of gang activity and crime.
We are planning on moving to the Keller, Grapevine area, but will probable work in an area where the Hispanic population is high. We are looking at all the possible areas and would like to know where we should look into or should stay away from. Any help will really be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 PM

140 posts, read 261,501 times
I dont know what I can say as I am a Realtor but I would look in North Fort Worth(Keller area) and the Saginaw area. These are all good areas will great schools. Pm if you want any more details.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 PM

102 posts, read 138,630 times
Maybe my question was kind of confusing. We need information about the safer Hispanic areas for the business that we are planning on opening. We kind of already have an idea where we want to live,, but the help that we need is for the business location.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 PM

140 posts, read 261,501 times
That same area. I would think more Saginaw or North Fort Worth. Maybe even the lake worth area. This whole area is up and coming and would be great. What type of Business?

Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 AM

13,182 posts, read 7,656,867 times
I think Grapevine is great. The schools are good. Low crime. Plenty of jobs. and a sizeable hispanic population already.

What type of business is it? I don't know if the population is so large that it can support many ethinic driven enterprises.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 AM

6,584 posts, read 10,472,397 times
Grapevine has one isolated pocket of Hispanics: along Mustang Drive near the trailer parks. Other than that, there are very few Hispanics here. On Mustang, there is a little strip shopping center with a tienda and a taqueria, and down the street, there is a gas station with a taco stand in it. Honestly, besides those businesses, I really wouldn't see a business that caters to Hispanics only surviving in Grapevine. Also, once the trailer parks are either redeveloped or zoned out of existence (which my friend on the city council says WILL happen), I'd expect most of the Hispanics who live in them to move elsewhere...

If you need an area with lots of Hispanics, I'd look on the north side of Fort Worth, northwest Dallas, or in South Irving.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 AM

11,879 posts, read 24,968,301 times
South Irving definitely.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:41 AM

13,182 posts, read 7,656,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Grapevine has one isolated pocket of Hispanics: along Mustang Drive near the trailer parks. Other than that, there are very few Hispanics here. On Mustang, there is a little strip shopping center with a tienda and a taqueria, and down the street, there is a gas station with a taco stand in it. Honestly, besides those businesses, I really wouldn't see a business that caters to Hispanics only surviving in Grapevine. Also, once the trailer parks are either redeveloped or zoned out of existence (which my friend on the city council says WILL happen), I'd expect most of the Hispanics who live in them to move elsewhere...

If you need an area with lots of Hispanics, I'd look on the north side of Fort Worth, northwest Dallas, or in South Irving.

Timberline Elementary is 53% hispanic. That's were the kids off Mustang Dr go. Cannon Elementary is 49% hispanic. That's from the neighborhoods around the downtown area.

So no Grapevine doesn't just have one isolated area of hispanics.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM

11,879 posts, read 24,968,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Timberline Elementary is 53% hispanic. That's were the kids off Mustang Dr go. Cannon Elementary is 49% hispanic. That's from the neighborhoods around the downtown area.

So no Grapevine doesn't just have one isolated area of hispanics.

And Grapevine is a very nice city to boot!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM

5,413 posts, read 10,462,646 times
I was just in Grapevine the other day. It's pretty nice. "Main Event", a movie theater, furniture store, and a few other spots all within a mile or so from each other. And Grapevine is very close to DFW Airport. I didn't look to see the Hispanic population, but in general, the D/FW area is very welcoming of Hispanics, esp. Mexicans. Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth