Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,259 times

Advertisements

Hi. I just moved to Fort Worth last week for my husband's job. Right now we have a short lease on an apartment downtown until we find an area that we like. I drove on Camp Bowie today and thought the neighborhoods nearby were really cute. Can anyone tell me if this is a good area for families? I like the downtown area but am hoping to find somewhere with more children my son's age (2). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM

43 posts, read 173,764 times
Honestly, I don't know anyone that lives in the area to know for sure. I however live near the 183/Camp Bowie area and if I could, I would buy a home in the upper Camp Bowie area. I have 2 younger kids and there are a couple of easily accessible parks in the area as well as a quick trip to Trinity Park and the museum district.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 AM

358 posts, read 1,074,947 times
I don't live in that area but my children all attended the preschool at The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. The Fort Worth Zoo has a similar program. They start at age 3 and are excellent programs that will enhance your child's knowledge of Science and Nature.

I used to drive around the area when my youngest was in school at the museum last Spring. There are a lot of older homes being renovated and they have a lot of character. I can't attest to who is moving in though.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:34 AM

211 posts, read 477,084 times
Camp Bowie is a great thoroughfare in Fort Worth. And the neighborhoods just north and south of the boulevard, particularly between the museum district and Bigham Blvd. are some of the most charming and diverse residential areas in town (with the exception of the area south of CB and east of Horne Street). The best areas that flank Camp Bowie are Arlington Heights, Rivercrest, Ridglea, and Ridglea North. Lots of young families, as well as single households and folks who've been around for years. I'd definitely put the area on your list to look for a house if you're planning in living in the central core of the city....

Old 10-04-2008, 11:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
I would say that many of those people probably have their younger kids in private day school and would probably want to send them to private school vs public FTWISD schools...
use an MLS site that gives local schools and check the rating--there are a few elementary schools in FTW that are well regarded and highly ranked---the best high school is Paschal which gets a ton of families wanting to move their kids with interdistrict transfer to there when they live in Arl Heights or Eastern Hills or Western Hills zone because Paschal is an excellent school if you want to work at getting an excellent education...
I will PM good MLS site that have easy access to ISD info for house listing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth