U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:07 PM

14,654 posts, read 28,093,329 times

Advertisements

thank your city council and the state railroad commission who set the terms for drilling---
how large a site will be dedicated to well after it is done?
well-head structure will have to be set if well is completed and there will have to be pipeline to capture and transport the gas from the well---
it will be fenced (maybe wood, maybe chain link) and there will be road that personnel use to check well from time to time..

just hope they do not put a condensation tank close by==if those are struck by lightening, there is big boom and fire...

unfortunately, you probably won't receive the money you will lose in future NON-appreciation of home's value...and you can't take them to court--their pockets are too deep...but there are some expensive developments being built with pipelines runing through them--Bourland Oaks in Keller, Estancia and The Orchards out by Eagle Mtn Lake---probably others I don't know about...drilling is much more noisy and visually disfiguring that a completed well...if that is any consolation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 03:30 PM

3,832 posts, read 8,074,257 times
The "bonus" money is chicken feed. $175 or something similar. I fart $175 when I get out of bed in the morning. It means nothing to me.

They have 45 acres dedicated to the site. 45 acres that WAS going to be residential. Fortunately the 45 acre tract is next to a road on the opposite side that can be accessed by truck. This means they won't....shouldn't.... be driving up and down my street.

Yeah I've been made well aware of what happens when they go boom. If I lived alone and the money was large I would probably weigh the risk. But, I've got three young kids.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 PM

drjones96
My comment was not an incitement for you to do property destruction--
believe me that would not stop them drilling that well--I just meant that there can be long term liabilities as well as short term ones...

You just happen to be on the stinky end of the stick right now---maybe if you owned a larger share and did not live next to the drill site, the money would be more palatible...
raise some stink with the city/county board--let them know you are pissed off at how this is impacting the area around your home....
most people are only seeing the $$$ that it is bringing into the area--but for every positive factor like money contributed to museums and charities, jobs, and investment money in some person's pocket--there are just some very unpalitable negatives that usually impact fewer people with less influence...

About some of the other posts:

You do NOT need a law degree to check oil and gas mineral rights-believe me--the people running checks at the court house are not attorneys--if there is a question about ownership or percentages, an attorney on retainer might be asked about it but more likely someone with years of land experience is one who reads what the info is and sees who owns what...

you can learn how to do it--it is not easy--you have to be patient, thorough, and know how to read a legal document--you have to be organized and able to do percentages to figure out ownership interests...

right now don't think any company would hire someone and pay that person while they teach him or her how to check mineral rights--if you find someone who does it, he might let you tag along and show you how to do itbut probably not pay you until you can work on your own...somepeople who do title work can transition over but -- the time to have gotten into that job market around FTW was about 4-5 years ago when it just started to heat up and there were really very few lease brokers out there...
as I-catch-tree-bass wrote--it can be very boring--and it can be frustrating because there may be three people who want/need to use the same book of documents--it helps to be able to sweet talk the county clerks...

Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 AM

oh...no no no....I wasn't implying that I was going to do sabatage (although the thought has crossed my mind...LOL)

Old 06-08-2007, 06:46 AM

45 acres is BIG for a drill site only--are they having a pipeline head/pumping station put in after they drill?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 PM

Yes it's going to be a very large area they are using. Here's what I think happened based on what I've noticed in recent trends. Choice Homes was our builder and also the builder for a majority of our neighborhood. Their sales started to slow down in a big way and they bailed out of our neighborhood then they turned it over to this other builder that does somewhat lesser quality. Even they seem to be having trouble selling the space. So instead of waiting an eternity for the 45 acres to develope on it's own the property owners are leasing those 45 acres out to this natural gas company. I'll bet nobody buys another home on our street as long as they are drilling that damned well.

I have no idea what their plans are for the rig. I think it's going to be far enough away from our house that noise shouldn't be a big issue but we'll see.

One of my concerned elderly neighbors came over the other day to discuss this issue with us. He's paranoid about government conspriricies and the like. I usually have to calm him down about these things. But he did hear something different in terms of what they were offering other neighborhoods for some of their other drilling sites. If they were in a home owners association they were putting up $500/home signing bonus + 25% of the production profits (based on their lot size I guess). We were only offered $175 and 17%. So we're getting hosed because there isn't a home owners association in our neighborhood. (Getting hosed anyway but that's beside the point). He also heard that if we sign with them that the city is going to raise our property taxes (says he read about it in the newspaper).

Old 06-10-2007, 10:49 PM

3 posts, read 36,377 times
I checked our title and we have 1/2 the mineral rights...the other half was evidently retained by owners up the line from us.

We've shown our house a few times and only a couple have had negative comments about the site back there....still no rig up...I'm hoping it doesn't go up till we have this house sold!

In the meantime...we do plan to keep our mineral rights....so, does the company talk to us after they start drilling or do they just automatically send a check if we are going to get any?

Their site goes right up to our fence line....they dug it out pretty deep back there...have no idea what's actually going in....one of the guys told my daughter it was going to be a water holding tank...not sure what that means.....in addition to a gas rig.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:19 AM

they should try to get all mineral owners signed before they continue w/the well--but they only have to have over a certain percentage --probably 50--before they can technically move forward...
drilling rigs need water to help cool down the bit action--so they have different hoses w/different purposes--they have an earth dam/tank to hold the water they use drilling the well

Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 AM

Yeah, 50% was the number I got. And the guys drilling next to our house say they've already got it and are proceeding.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,692 times
anybody from the sandybrook addition own mineral rights is located on N820 and I30
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth