Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM

8 posts, read 22,170 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been living in Southlake for two years now. We just had a baby a year ago and want another, but we cannot afford it. We love our land and trees, but are not sure the price is worth it. We paid 325,000 for the house and it is a four bedroom 2600 sq. ft home with a pool. We can find others like this in Trophy Club or Keller for 250,000 and less. Is it a bad idea to move? The downside is I want my kids to go to Southlake schools. We are only 31... and with the economy going the way it is.. at this rate we won't be able to have another baby anytime soon in this house..HELP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,017,828 times
Impossible for anyone to answer that question, you and your husband have to.

Some advice though would be now is not a great time to be selling a home. But it would be a great time to buy. You need to look over your budget and speak with a realtor to see if you can sell your home for more then you owe, which you should be able to. But if you hold onto this house for another year or so, you will probably be able to get a higher price.

Today's is a buyers market.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
just remember realtor's fee really cut into your profit especially so soon after buying...
today is a buyer's market in some situations--but you can't count on every situation being that way...
there are people in this area who have cash and are just being particular about the houses on the market...not everyone is forced to give a house away when they sell...not everyone overprices house expecting to win in the bargaining...
it is a very strange market right now--but I do admit that there are plenty of houses on the MLS to choose from...some of them are showing some pretty significant price cuts--and others not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth