Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM

37 posts, read 95,565 times

Advertisements

Here's the deal, while I have plenty of friends who are conservative, I really don't want to live in a ultra-conservative area, that's the truth. I am not extreme liberal or anything, I just don't want to be the only one in my community with a Obama sign on my lawn, and I certainly don't want to get dirty looks as people drive by my home.

So, my husband I are looking at Grapevine, Flower Mound, Keller, but also Burleson.

I would appreciate your opinions and help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Check out the link Beowulf7 put up a couple of days ago and you can find all the precincts who voted blue vs red and that might help guide you in your search.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:17 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I live in North Hurst, and there are several Obama signs in our neighborhood. People here respect each other and don't play those kinds of games. I didn't vote for Obama, but if I saw someone stealing an Obama supporter's sign out of their yard, I'd put a stop to that quickly.

PS. I cannot understand why people that lean to the left are so intent on living with others of like views. Some of my best friends are liberal Democrats, and I enjoy their company. I don't choose my friends or neighbors based on politics.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 PM

37 posts, read 95,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I live in North Hurst, and there are several Obama signs in our neighborhood. People here respect each other and don't play those kinds of games. I didn't vote for Obama, but if I saw someone stealing an Obama supporter's sign out of their yard, I'd put a stop to that quickly.

PS. I cannot understand why people that lean to the left are so intent on living with others of like views. Some of my best friends are liberal Democrats, and I enjoy their company. I don't choose my friends or neighbors based on politics.
Good point. My husband and I have moved around and lived in many different places due to the military. We are now looking for a more permanent move. I like diversity. I prefer a neighborhood that accepts all ethnic groups, all political views, and all religions. I prefer an area that is accepting of both, democrat or republican, not leaning in either direction too much as I personally think it is better for my children to be experienced to both. I am currently living in a area that is very diverse. I read the article about Joanne Webb from Burleson, who was arrested for having passion parties back in 2004. That is definitely not an area I would want to move to, however, it seems that Burleson has made progress in the last few years.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 PM

96 posts, read 421,667 times
Burleson is pretty much conservative. You be better off in Grapevine from the list of towns you gave.

To sum it up: The closer you get to Dallas or within Loop 820 the more liberal the people are.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:06 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
Good point. My husband and I have moved around and lived in many different places due to the military. We are now looking for a more permanent move. I like diversity. I prefer a neighborhood that accepts all ethnic groups, all political views, and all religions. I prefer an area that is accepting of both, democrat or republican, not leaning in either direction too much as I personally think it is better for my children to be experienced to both. I am currently living in a area that is very diverse. I read the article about Joanne Webb from Burleson, who was arrested for having passion parties back in 2004. That is definitely not an area I would want to move to, however, it seems that Burleson has made progress in the last few years.

Thanks Sharon. When I think of "diverse" these days, I think that people of all OPINIONS as diverse.

Apparently, most people only look at skin color or ethnicity as part of the diverse equation.

If you want diversity folks, you need to have a diversity of opinions; I could give a darn about your skin color or your political opinions as long as you are a decent person, seriously.

Regarding the OP, I would choose Grapevine or thereabouts for a more liberal atmosphere. Burleson is definitely a more conservative area.

Cheers everyone, and I hope that you are all having a wonderful Holiday weekend.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:15 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Grapevine LIBERAL? I certainly wouldn't say that. It's pretty conservative here. Did you hear about the middle school students' protest on the day after the election??

And there are also few minorities other than Hispanic. Grapevine HS is over 75% white.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:48 PM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Quote:
Here's the deal, while I have plenty of friends who are conservative, I really don't want to live in a ultra-conservative area, that's the truth. I am not extreme liberal or anything, I just don't want to be the only one in my community with a Obama sign on my lawn, and I certainly don't want to get dirty looks as people drive by my home.

So, my husband I are looking at Grapevine, Flower Mound, Keller, but also Burleson.

================================================== ======

Those are good comunities, but I do not know enough to give you an informed opinion as to what is best for you. Do you have school aged children. Will you be working, your husband, if so where geographically?
Your life is much better if you can minimize the commute. I worked as an outside telephone man in Arlington, Mansfield, Fort Worth and all around Tarrant County. I am a Democratic Precinct Chair. Quality of schools is the most important issue if you are going to put kids in public school. No Kids...move to the east side of Fort Worth. Real Estate is cheap and the East Side is going to roar soon. White Lake Hills, Meadowbrook area and others around I30 are going to get some serious increases in value over the next 10 years. Schools stink right now though.

Get back to me if you think I can help.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:16 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Check out the link Beowulf7 put up a couple of days ago and you can find all the precincts who voted blue vs red and that might help guide you in your search.
Here it is.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:32 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,259 times
Quote:

Ou of the cities listed, I'd say Grapevine and Keller are probably more liberal than Burleson for sure. Usuallly the suburbs are more conservative and the actual cities, like Dallas and Fort Worth are more liberal. But it isn't always like that. For instance, I live in Frisco, a suburb of Dallas, and during the election, there was several McCain and Obama signs in peoples yards in my neighborhood. There was probably more McCain, but there was some Obama.
So it just depends on where you're at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth