U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,404 times
Question Moving from the New Orleans to Texas....

[FONT="Verdana"][/FONT]
Hello all!

My job has me relocating out to Grapevine from New Orleans. My wife and I will have to rent an apartment for a short period of time until we are able to buy a home. We are shooting for no more than 6mths to find and buy.

Two things:
1. I was looking at some apartment reviews around the area and it looks like Grapevine does not have too many favorable complexes to live in. Many complaints about poor management, lack of maintenance, pest/bug problems, crime. Can anyone shed some light on what are good places for short-term housing but not corporate housing and that are within a sane commute distance(20-35min) to work in Grapevine and that won't put a major hole in your wallet? If there are any within Grapevine that may not be listed on the net?

2. Real Estate. Browsing through the net and on here the last month or so has us a little leary of the whole property tax issue. Are there any websites available that have updated tax tables for properties in the surrounding area? I worry about the total of that and a possible HOA due during the course of the year I might end up pan-handeling in downtown Dallas as a second job.

Just kidding about the pan-handeling thing.

Personal experiences from locals helps out alot!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth