Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,026 times

Advertisements

Hello all, my name is Matt. I just got a new position with Lockheed's F-35 program and I need some info about some the best places around White Settlement to relocate. Thanks Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
matt
need more info about your specifics
like price--if you have children to consider schools--if you are looking for house to buy/rent/or apt
what do you like to do with your spare time--are you party person, like the outdoors, looking for particular type of church--food--environment
you don't have to live in White Settlement because you are working at Lockheed--
what is your max travel time
there is public transportation inside FTW but not in surrounding suburban towns

Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM

27 posts, read 97,555 times
I did some online searching on that place. It is close to downtown. You can also find good elementary schools there. Otherwise, I did not find anything attractive. Crime data show a little bit higher than average.
Anyone live there can give us more personal opinions?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,875 times
I used to work there and know all about the area. Feel free to PM directly if you want.

Off the top of my head. Don't consider White Settlement. Very run down area. I would suggest being CLOSE to work. STAY FAR FAR AWAY from 35W and NE side of 820 Loop.
I-30 isn't that bad so I would aim to be between Lockheed (820 & 30) and 30 & 35W.
Camp Bowie area or close to downtown area.

This will allow for a reasonable commute and is still a decent area.

STAY AWAY from towns like Keller, Azle, Southlake, Richland Hills, etc... Sure you will get more house out there but the commute is horrid. Many LM people live over in Watuga area. (30 min+ commute unless you go in super early/late)

I would aim for close to downtown or in downtown if you can swing it.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 11,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
I used to work there and know all about the area. Feel free to PM directly if you want.

Off the top of my head. Don't consider White Settlement. Very run down area. I would suggest being CLOSE to work. STAY FAR FAR AWAY from 35W and NE side of 820 Loop.
I-30 isn't that bad so I would aim to be between Lockheed (820 & 30) and 30 & 35W.
Camp Bowie area or close to downtown area.

This will allow for a reasonable commute and is still a decent area.

STAY AWAY from towns like Keller, Azle, Southlake, Richland Hills, etc... Sure you will get more house out there but the commute is horrid. Many LM people live over in Watuga area. (30 min+ commute unless you go in super early/late)

I would aim for close to downtown or in downtown if you can swing it.
Thanks for the info. What about the CityView area? Matt

Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
matt--are you married--have kids--or just you
makes a difference
that area around Hulen and Bryant Irwin has residential neighborhoods (in variety of price ranges/ages)/townhomes/apartments

I know someone who moved to work at my husband's office in downtown and they looked in that area for quite a while hoping to find something but either the houses were older/dated or too expensive for their budget--but that does not mean it might not work for you...they needed a yard--had two big dogs...
there is shopping/restaurants/some bars/club type places..
check out the FTW crime map--think most of that area is ok generally...
it would be a pretty easy commute to your job site I think--

Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,875 times
Not sure where CityView is. I assume on a quick search you are referring to Bryant Irvin Road and south of 820. That are has tons of retail, not far from work, but Bryant Irvin is a MESS traffic wise.
So if you have easy access to 820 from where you pick then that area seems like a good choice.
Just be able to get onto 820 within 5 minutes in rush hour. I have seen that road so backed up it was insane.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM

216 posts, read 934,526 times
Some decent apartments on River Park Drive keep you a bit closer to town, and right off of Bryant Irvin near I-30.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,836 times
Im in the same situation, moving to FT Worth this summer, husband will be at the White Settlement Plant. I have a 4 year old and had my heart set on Keller due to school ratings, but after reading here I think I need to reconsider. I would like to rent for the first year to get a feel of the neighborhood.
Any advice?
Benbrook, Burleson, Euless help!!! I have not idea where to go
I would like to be near shopping areas, not malls but supermarkets, easy access to local shops.
thanks so much!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:10 AM

162 posts, read 539,306 times
If you're looking to rent, there are lots of decent duplexes off Cherry Lane. between 30 & Camp Bowie. The plant would be a straight shot up Cherry, roughly 5 - 6 miles (?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth