U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM

4 posts, read 38,205 times
Default How much do food cart owner/operators earn?

I am interested in starting a food cart business. I would like to start with a small pushcart serving breakfast in office buildings, construction sites, and events. If this is successful enough I would like to expand to a concession trailer.
I want to sell HEALTHY food and maybe some not so healthy food for picky people.

Does anyone know how much money a small pushcart earns?
Or how much a concession trailer makes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 AM

14,555 posts, read 26,987,203 times
most of the people who work concession trailers are hired help--they rent the trailer and pay back most of the money they make to the company they rent from
from what I understand
frankly most of the people who buy at construction sights are not looking for "healthy" food I think--probably just high energy/calorie for fairly cheap prices...
think much of what is sold is pre-packaged and bought like from Sam's or Costco's frozen food in bulk...
frozen taquitos/burritos/corn dogs/ maybe

Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 PM

I would be offering junk food , but from what I've seen and heard if the healthy alternatives are offered in a convenient way they would choose them. I know that the only reason I buy junk food while I'm working is for speed and ease. If there was a fast food resteraunt offered a buffet of peeled and chopped fruit and vegetables ,friut juices, soy milk for coffee and all the other things that health conscious people eat at home I would eat there every day. I know I can't be the only one. You may be right about the construction sites but I know there is a place for my ideas. Thanks for your input. really I'm not being sarcastic.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM

373 posts, read 450,188 times
Summer and it’s hot weather should have already arrived in Fort Worth by now. You can start a lucrative business by either purchasing or renting an ice-cream push-cart. You could sell anything from ice-cream, ade, popsicles or even nice cold bottled water. If you do this around downtown you’ll make a great fortune, since not too many people have thought about this one…

Last edited by Swordfish; 03-27-2009 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-09-2009, 07:04 PM

good idea thanks

Old 04-11-2009, 09:04 AM

14,555 posts, read 26,987,203 times
you need a license to sell food out of cart like that and a health inspector certificate I think and I also think that spots to sell on the sidewalks might be controlled by the stores/restaurants ...
I think you should call the city office that controls that type of service and make some inquiries before you jump into assuming anything..also call the Sundance Sq development office since it controls the leasing of many of the buildings/restaurants in that area...you might be surprised that IT would expect a royalty fee from your sales or a flat monthly fee to be a dealer in that area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth