Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 PM

341 posts, read 1,018,977 times

Advertisements

Its well known that the city of Dallas is falling on hard times with much of its affluent corporate and individual citizens leaving for the suburbs.
And symbolically, but still very important to the state of TX, both the Cotton Bowl and the Cowboys are moving to the new stadium in the Ft.Worth-Arlington area.
And with virtually all of N.Texas's most important infrastructure component, DFW Airport, lying within its city limits and not in the limits of Dallas, Ft. Worth may rapidly be coming the top municipality of N.Texas ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 AM

121 posts, read 814,320 times
Though I sometimes wish this would happen (and sometimes I'm glad it hasn't) I just don't see it on the horizon. Regardless of how dysfunctional the Dallas City Council is, and their attempts to screw up Dallas (even worse than it already is) time and time again, Dallas will probably always be the bigger dog in the neighborhood. One thing that helps Dallas a bit is that I think David Kunkle might actually be making a difference with Dallas' crime problems, which had been harming Dallas' national perspective more, while the mayor and the city council makes Dallas a laughingstock locally.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Fort Worth has one of the lowest crime rates for a city of its size. Also I heard that Fort Worth is suppose to double in size in the next 7 years (please correct me if I am wrong in what I heard).

Old 04-09-2007, 09:43 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And with virtually all of N.Texas's most important infrastructure component, DFW Airport, lying within its city limits and not in the limits of Dallas,
DFW Airport doesn't lie in Fort Worth either. Its boundaries straddle four different suburban cities between Fort Worth and Dallas...Grapevine, Euless, Coppell and Irving. It straddles the Tarrant and Dallas county lines. The city limits of Fort Worth come close to the southern entrance of the airport (almost like a finger b/c the boundary is long and narrow) but it stops at the Centreport development which includes AMR's (American Airlines) headquarters.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
DFW Airport doesn't lie in Fort Worth either. Its boundaries straddle four different suburban cities between Fort Worth and Dallas...Grapevine, Euless, Coppell and Irving. It straddles the Tarrant and Dallas county lines. The city limits of Fort Worth come close to the southern entrance of the airport (almost like a finger b/c the boundary is long and narrow) but it stops at the Centreport development which includes AMR's (American Airlines) headquarters.
Did not know that, because if you are correct then some of the maps I've seen of the DFW airport and area city limit boundaries including FtW & Dallas are definitely in error.
But if you know where city limits in N.TX are, then you know that the primary path of growth in N.TX, which of course is north and NW of the DFW metro, is blocked off to Dallas because of the incorporated areas above it while FtW
has no such impediments and is free to annex away as it expands farther into the affleunt unincorparated areas up north.
I believe Dallas is now behind both Houston and SA and at some point in time
will be #4 behind FtW in population of cities in TX.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Recent reports indicate that the Texas-OU game will continue to be played in the Cotten Bowl thru 2015. Huh ! Why ? When Ft.Worth-Arlington has the new Cowboy stadium going online in the next few years, how can that be passed up for the decrepit old Cotton Bowl ? Is the only explanation that a lot of money under the table will solve most problems ?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:57 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Default Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Fort Worth has one of the lowest crime rates for a city of its size. Also I heard that Fort Worth is suppose to double in size in the next 7 years (please correct me if I am wrong in what I heard).
Fort Worth is growing fast, but not that fast! I've heard that it will catch up to Dallas by 2030 in population because it's growing faster and has more room to grow. The traffic is getting worse every year too.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 PM

172 posts, read 559,519 times
Quote:
Its well known that the city of Dallas is falling on hard times with much of its affluent corporate and individual citizens leaving for the suburbs.
And symbolically, but still very important to the state of TX, both the Cotton Bowl and the Cowboys are moving to the new stadium in the Ft.Worth-Arlington area.
And with virtually all of N.Texas's most important infrastructure component, DFW Airport, lying within its city limits and not in the limits of Dallas, Ft. Worth may rapidly be coming the top municipality of N.Texas ?
LOL! Where do you come up with that kind of nonsense? Dallas has not fallen on hard times. Its affluent corporate and individual citizens are not fleeing. Did you see the news that Comerica Bank is moving its corporate headquarters from Detroit to downtown Dallas? If anything Dallas is experiencing an out of control boom. Take a look at all the construction cranes around the city. They’re not building section 8 housing.

Dallas doesn’t have to fail to make Ft. Worth a great place to live. Can’t they both be great cities? As for the Dallas city council, I would have to agree. Oh well, at least the city is moving rapidly forward in spite of their best efforts.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
I've lived in FW for almost a year now and I feel it's like the stepchild of the D/FW metroplex. All the good restaurants, pro sports arenas, car shows, etc. are in Arlington and Dallas. Since I live on the western part of FW, it's an even bigger hike for me. I wish FW was treated w/ the respect that its population size should command.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,631 times
Quote:
Recent reports indicate that the Texas-OU game will continue to be played in the Cotten Bowl thru 2015. Huh ! Why ? When Ft.Worth-Arlington has the new Cowboy stadium going online in the next few years, how can that be passed up for the decrepit old Cotton Bowl ? Is the only explanation that a lot of money under the table will solve most problems ?
The OU/Texas game will continue in the Cotton Bowl because of tradition. The game has been in existence now for 100 years. Most of either team's followers do not want to see it moved. It is half way between Austin, Tx and Norman, OK and it would be tragic to see that change. That being said, the stadium itself is sure nothing to look at.

I don't know all the specifics regarding what money has changed hands. But I do believe there are supposed to be some improvements made over the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth