Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

I don't know about the rest of you, but in North Hurst we are completely saturated. Storms every night, and then last night out of nowhere another nasty one blew in and dumped about another inch or inch and a half on the already soggy ground. I haven't been able to mow my backyard for some time now and the grass is so high I'm afraid to walk around out there for fear of getting bitten by a snake. And the forecasts show rain continuing through Sunday.

What I wanted to ask is how your area is faring (wet, wet, wet, or just okay) and if you believe that we are finally out of the drought that we've been in for most of the last three years. And that includes all of the metroplex, not just Fort Worth (they don't have a "DFW" forum). Also, are you in any area that you feel needs more rain? Because if you are, come and get it; Northeast Tarrant County is like a soaked sponge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Can you bring some over to this side of town? I'm not kidding. Every night I have watched the radar and it totally clips us. We have gotten only a sprinkle and some lightening and that is it in the last two nights. Even last week most of the storms have stayed west of us. I did hear that Lake Lavon is now only 1 1/2' from normal. I still believe that we should NOT get rid of water restrictions. There is NO WAY that this entire region can continue to grow like it has and the current water supply keep up.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 AM

You were one of the first people I thought of when I posted this momof2. I was wondering what the water levels were like on the east side of the metroplex. I'm sorry to hear that the rain hasn't quite gotten over there, and it's strange because typically Dallas gets more rain than FW, although not more of the storms, at least in my opinion. It's literally rained here every day for the past week. It hasn't been widespread rain, but these localized HEAVY storms where it downpoars for about 30 minutes. We've had two such storms in the last two nights, it seems they run from South to North, up the east side of FW right through the mid-cities. And THUNDER! My gosh the night before last it woke me up it was so bad and I couldn't sleep for about an hour because it kept up. The water in my back yard is standing at about an inch deep everywhere and since I can't mow the grass is high. I hope you get the next round or two of this, we could use a break!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
north bedford--off Cheek Sparger--we are getting more than we need...surprise that the intersection of Cheek Sparger and Central has not been closed from that creek flooding on-to the road way....know that farther up Central into Colleyville, that low water crossing is closed pretty regularly now....there was woman in an SUV that was washed off road (not Central but another that goes through low-water crossing in that general area) last Friday night when there were heavy rains as well...

she got out--my nieghbor was up that way checking on home of relatives that were out of town on cruise--and drove up to guy had seen the car in the creek and was stopping traffic---only the top was visible---when they called 911, the dispatcher said the woman was rescued when policeman checking the crossing heard her yelling---she had gotten out of the car and was haning on a tree limb....

was driivng around looking at houses for sale yesterday--some subdivision that have those pond/lakes for inter-subdivision drainage were really in trouble....some of them like Lakes of Somerset had some really nasty, brownish water in the pools....some in Keller were same way...but like Montecello in Colleyville--their water was clear....

supposed to have roofer come check my roof today and guess it is too wet...

my dog was on the couch w/me last night when it started up again. She does not like thunder and lightening--she went into a bedroom where my husand was doing computer--not so many windows there...

Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
hope people drive safely when rain comes out---even safe areas of town have had so much rain that they can become dangerous if there are low intersections and storm drains get backed up ....

Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
north bedford--off Cheek Sparger--we are getting more than we need...surprise that the intersection of Cheek Sparger and Central has not been closed from that creek flooding on-to the road way....know that farther up Central into Colleyville, that low water crossing is closed pretty regularly now....there was woman in an SUV that was washed off road (not Central but another that goes through low-water crossing in that general area) last Friday night when there were heavy rains as well...

she got out--my nieghbor was up that way checking on home of relatives that were out of town on cruise--and drove up to guy had seen the car in the creek and was stopping traffic---only the top was visible---when they called 911, the dispatcher said the woman was rescued when policeman checking the crossing heard her yelling---she had gotten out of the car and was haning on a tree limb....

was driivng around looking at houses for sale yesterday--some subdivision that have those pond/lakes for inter-subdivision drainage were really in trouble....some of them like Lakes of Somerset had some really nasty, brownish water in the pools....some in Keller were same way...but like Montecello in Colleyville--their water was clear....

supposed to have roofer come check my roof today and guess it is too wet...

my dog was on the couch w/me last night when it started up again. She does not like thunder and lightening--she went into a bedroom where my husand was doing computer--not so many windows there...
I know that area very well around Cheek Sparger and Central, up through Colleyville, and it does tend to get washed out because of the low water bridges. Our dog is the same way, he is absolutely terrified of thunder and doesn't like rain.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:10 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
Out in Saginaw, Haslet area we are getting hit although we just got a little last night.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Out in Saginaw, Haslet area we are getting hit although we just got a little last night.
Same here. Then again, I'm also near Saginaw.

I sleep w/ my main bedroom open. I woke up this morning to a nice puddle of water on that window sill.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:56 PM

The storms that moved through last night around 8 o'clock came straight up from Mansfield, right through West Arlington/East Fort Worth and up into Hurst/Bedford before moving off to the Northeast. There was one cell I was watching on the radar that frankly scared me pretty bad. We were getting hit with torrential rains and some hail, but the worst part of the storm hadn't even hit us yet. It veered off to the Northeast about a mile south of our house, moving toward Colleyville and Southlake.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Momof2, I see that the showers are focused on your part of the metroplex this afternoon. I hope that Garland gets some of that rain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth