Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

frankly I went to the old stadium too infrequently to say how the new one compares in the way you found your seats but think the older stadium was more straight forward

we came into the new stadium via the end zone entrance because they closed off the other entrances for the first game..
it was difficult to know how to get to the field level seating--the first down staircase we took led to field boxes and we were not allowed into those (initially--saw people sitting in them as the game developed)

so we had to go up to main concourse again and took the second set of down stairs--that led to the first raised level of seats--we chose to sit there in first row so that no one was in front of us--
if we had gone down to the field level--we would have had people standing in front of us to watch plays all the time--so those seats were good view--between the 10 and 20 yrd line

great view of the screen as well as the field--and that screen is mesmerizing-
we had more leg room in that row as well than the rows behind us--
I saved seats for a while on the row #2--much tighter foot space--

seats are padded and start out pretty comfortable but after 3or 4 hours they tend to wear on you...

parking was a pain--especially for the people coming west on randol mill and trying to turn across traffic into the parking lines--
some people with us came late and parked at Jack in the Box--paid $5--they said the restaurant was not doing any food sales --just selling their parking spots which seems pretty stupid--maybe they were doing drive through--
people were parking across the street in WalMart when we came out--although there were police/security standing in the lot when we drove in the stadium lot

we left midway through the 4th guarter--Trinity was ahead--no problem getting to our car or really into the street although there are lots of dead ends on parking rows where you have to feed back into the main line of traffic--Monday there was none of that heavy traffic but later on or on a Cowboy game/concert exodus I bet it is the pits--
IMO--park as close to a main exit row as you can even if it means going further out

my husband refused to buy anything because the food was same price as for the Cowboy games
restroom I saw was painted totally gray--very industrial and ugly...although there were numerous stalls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth