U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,168,417 times
Reputation: 346

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basst82 View Post
So basically Texas power bills = PA gas bills. I can handle that. I assume that the utility companies let you "budget" your bills through the year if you choose so you don't get hit so hard in the summer? I'm one of those Northeast liberal-progressives you hear about on TV who are all about the environment, so a few more trees or some Energy Star insulation is right up my alley hehe ...

When you say 3.2 tax rate, I'm guessing that means $3.20 / $100 assessed value? I think that's what I've seen on the real estate sites. Honestly, that's not that bad. Considering you guys don't have state or local tax, that's no different (or less!) than most places around Pittsburgh!

Well being an engineer/planner myself, living in a Master Planned community is something I'm definitely interested in trying out. I've also found some places I like in North Richland Hills, that seems to be much closer to my soon-to-be office. I've actually found 3 places in a large community southeast of the intersection of I-820 and W Hurst Blvd. I can't tell much from aerial photos - is this a decent area? Are there grocery stores, gas stations and the like nearby? Or is it kind of remote?

I keep seeing something about a Master Planned community called Heritage, can someone give me a street name or something in that area so I can look up home prices in that community?
I looked at homes at Trinity at Heritage. I don't remember the streets, but I looked at DR Horton, so if you go to that site the keller area, you will find a good representation of the prices. I think based on what you stated in your quote, you will love keller and the miles upon miles of cookie cutter housing. Good luck and GO COWBOYS (not really, does anybody like that team?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM
 
184 posts, read 785,807 times
Reputation: 83
While I live in the Heritage planned community you mentioned and I absolutely love it and highly recommend it, for your commute I think you might find North Richland Hills and the H-E-B area better. Also, to expand on the above poster's mention of Trinity, you might want to check out Clearfort, Winfield and Moncrief as well, in Heritage. In addition to DR Horton other builders would be Standard Pacific, William Ryan and Plantation. Hope this helps.

Last edited by debntx; 07-15-2007 at 12:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
 
184 posts, read 785,807 times
Reputation: 83
Additonal note about Keller: On Cnn Money dot com's 2007 list of "Best Places To Live" Keller is ranked #50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
 
Location: native of the Dallas Fort Worth Area
5 posts, read 16,279 times
Reputation: 10
Sprouts just open in Keller at the corner of 1709 (Southlake blvd, Keller blvd and Golden Triangle) and 1938 (Davis Blvd). As far as homes with larger lots, good luck, those are a little more pricey depending on what you can afford, either you have to go older and try and find one under 200k can be difficult.

good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,168,417 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartz94 View Post
Sprouts just open in Keller at the corner of 1709 (Southlake blvd, Keller blvd and Golden Triangle) and 1938 (Davis Blvd). As far as homes with larger lots, good luck, those are a little more pricey depending on what you can afford, either you have to go older and try and find one under 200k can be difficult.

good luck
Keller is awesome if you hate mowing your backyard. very little back yard to mow in town just about anywhere. just enough to fit a BBQ. Your neigbors are so close they can flip your burgers from their own Yard. Every house can look into all the neighboring houses. Easy to make friends when your neighbors practiaclly live in your bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 PM
 
184 posts, read 785,807 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Keller is awesome if you hate mowing your backyard. very little back yard to mow in town just about anywhere. just enough to fit a BBQ. Your neigbors are so close they can flip your burgers from their own Yard. Every house can look into all the neighboring houses. Easy to make friends when your neighbors practiaclly live in your bedroom.
Well, we don't *hate* to mow our backyard. It's just that we hire a lawn service to do it for us. And, while the backyards in my neighborhood aren't huge, I suppose they are *big enough*....say, for swimming pools, beautiful landscaping, arbors, those nice expensive swingsets, hot tubs, cookouts. (can't recall a neighbor flipping any burgers our way unfortunately ) Now, it's true the back yards probably aren't big enough for a workshop, I admit that. However, those aren't allowed in our neighborhood anyway. And yes, it's easy to make friends here in Keller--wonderful people here, by the way. However, each family does have their own bedroom...with things like wooden blinds or plantation shutters so it's pretty private after all.
I agree, Keller is awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,168,417 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
Well, we don't *hate* to mow our backyard. It's just that we hire a lawn service to do it for us. And, while the backyards in my neighborhood aren't huge, I suppose they are *big enough*....say, for swimming pools, beautiful landscaping, arbors, those nice expensive swingsets, hot tubs, cookouts. (can't recall a neighbor flipping any burgers our way unfortunately ) Now, it's true the back yards probably aren't big enough for a workshop, I admit that. However, those aren't allowed in our neighborhood anyway. And yes, it's easy to make friends here in Keller--wonderful people here, by the way. However, each family does have their own bedroom...with things like wooden blinds or plantation shutters so it's pretty private after all.
I agree, Keller is awesome
another cool thing about keller is that most of you are from the same state....California. Could call it Kellerfornia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
 
184 posts, read 785,807 times
Reputation: 83
Kellerfornia....quite clever sberdrow. I like that. I'll have to pass that on to a few of my neighbors who are from California. Not the ones across the street in the big ole house with the big ole swimming pool because they are from Texas. And not my neighbor down the street with the new arbor going in her backyard because they are from Louisiana. And not our other friends either because darnit, they are from New York. I know of others from Texas, Michigan, Massachussettes, Florida, ...well, the list goes on and on. Oh, and me? My husband is from Georgia and I am from Florida (the part that knows how to vote).
Are you from Texas, sberdrow?

oops, I misspelled "Massachusetts" ...I shoulda just called it Tedachusetts"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,168,417 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
Kellerfornia....quite clever sberdrow. I like that. I'll have to pass that on to a few of my neighbors who are from California. Not the ones across the street in the big ole house with the big ole swimming pool because they are from Texas. And not my neighbor down the street with the new arbor going in her backyard because they are from Louisiana. And not our other friends either because darnit, they are from New York. I know of others from Texas, Michigan, Massachussettes, Florida, ...well, the list goes on and on. Oh, and me? My husband is from Georgia and I am from Florida (the part that knows how to vote).
Are you from Texas, sberdrow?

oops, I misspelled "Massachusetts" ...I shoulda just called it Tedachusetts"
Of course not, who is.....and I did think the Kellerfornia was clever too. Your paper had an artical about the Keller California connection. 67 percent of your NON texas arrivals are from Cali. Thanks alot to the part of Florida that Did not know how to vote. Thanks alot for Bush....but I guess thats another topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
 
184 posts, read 785,807 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Of course not, who is.....and I did think the Kellerfornia was clever too. Your paper had an artical about the Keller California connection. 67 percent of your NON texas arrivals are from Cali. Thanks alot to the part of Florida that Did not know how to vote. Thanks alot for Bush....but I guess thats another topic.
Oh you are very welcome. We felt it only right after you had given us eight years of Clinton.
Where ya from, sberdrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top