U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM

4,831 posts, read 6,046,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
I hope you are not refering to me. I never said it was ghetto over there. I know of quit a few people who live there.

But there are A TON of houses for sale in the Woodland Springs area and in the Heritage plan. lots of those homes are in forclosure and there are ALOT of empty ones as well.

By OVERBULIT, I mean that in those two huge developments esp VOWS...it has a VERY high density of houses all in one small area. From 35 you can a sea of roof tops. all jammed packed together. Then yes, you have the open fileds with cows etc...
They are building some nice shopping etc... but the HOUSES are OVERBUILT for the ammount of people living out there. With as much OPEN land htat is there it's a shame they didn't space the houses out more. But AGAIN this area is FT worth and unincorp Ft Worth, not Keller.

I think the builders really put he cart before the horse out there....too many houses and not enough businesses etc...

It offers very affordable housing for alot of families. Not many places in the US can you still get a nice 4 bedroom house for under 200k.

I think (JMO)Heritage is planned better than VOWS though... that place should have it's own zip code etc... But then again some people like that type of master planned tractneighborhood, it's just not my cuppa tea.

And...if anyone discounts ANY area in ANY city based on what peoples OPINIONS are with out ever seeing it for themselves...They are very naiive.
It was not intended for you in particular just in general what people have portrayed to us since moving here from CA.

We live in Crawford Farms and could not be happier. We looked in Heritage but since our children are on the older side now the amenities just did not make up for the larger lot we were able to find in Crawford Farms. I guess if you are a native Texan you might think this is dense. For those of us from SoCal where zero lot lines are the norm it seems quite open. In Irvine where we lived we had no back yard and our side yard was 12 ft. wide. Our neighbors house wall was our side fence pretty much.

I agree there should be more businesses/employers investing in the area, hopefully that planning/construction will be well thought out. There is so much land north of us that I would think more businesses would profit by investing in the area since they have a built in workforce already here.

You don't know how lucky we are in TX to have so much land available. My lot in Crawford Farms would be close to a million without even building on it in CA. Where we lived they built the green into the landscape rather that build around the existing green. They have to spend money just to make you feel like you have some green in the area. It is a completely different world, some like it some don't. I chose TX, hands down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
Soccersupporter, we love the feel too! It's a wonderful place to live. Did you know about Alliance Town Center and what all they intend to build there? In addition to the Best Buy,Belk and Pennys (with Sephora located within the store) I mentioned above there is also going to be a book store (Barnes & Noble), a major furniture store, a movie theater, a hospital as well as many other stores and resturants. North on 35W by Tx Motor Speedway will be additional retailers and resturants. Actually, come to think of it, Wautauga is where we do some of our shopping and eating throughout the week as well as Southlake and Grapevine. Keller we pretty much drive on through getting to somewhere else as they don't really have much to offer those of us who live "west of 377"
My wife and I love the area. I try to keep her away from Southlake though too much $$$.

You don't know how nice it is to have so many new places to eat and areas just to drive through and enjoy the scenery. We drive out to Argyle and look at the beautiful ranch houses. There are so many great areas to see and with spring coming it will be a whole new adventure.

I guess this sounds Corny but living in SoCal for so long we forgot that there is more to life than a movie and dinner. It is just too crowded to enjoy CA anymore. I won't live long enough to see all of what TX has to offer. We are going to San Antonio next week to see the Riverwalk and just get lazy and fat for a few days. Life's great in TX, our until the heat comes.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:41 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,811,166 times
I thought they were putting a Sam Moon out in Alliance/Heritage right next to Best Buy. Is it something else??

When we came out to look (Lord knows we looked EVERYWHERE!!) at Heritage, VOWS etc and one of the draws to us was the building of the regional mall.

I think the thing that was confusing to me about VOWS was that it really seemed to meander on. Wasnt really sure where it stopped and started and it winds around the trailer park on 1709.

I have friends both in Crawford Farms and The Bluffs and they love it there.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
I thought they were putting a Sam Moon out in Alliance/Heritage right next to Best Buy. Is it something else??

When we came out to look (Lord knows we looked EVERYWHERE!!) at Heritage, VOWS etc and one of the draws to us was the building of the regional mall.

I think the thing that was confusing to me about VOWS was that it really seemed to meander on. Wasnt really sure where it stopped and started and it winds around the trailer park on 1709.

I have friends both in Crawford Farms and The Bluffs and they love it there.
VOWS is huge and did not feel right to my wife. We have a great pie shaped lot in Crawford Farms, small front yard and large back yard. It was right for us and just down the street from the pool/park.

I am sure it is Sam Moon that is going in there. It will be a nice center when it is done. We can't wait until the 24 Hour Fitness is open on Golden Triangle. There are lots of things happening in the area, I just hope they manage the growth appropriately.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM

184 posts, read 785,740 times
SoccerSupporter, San Antonio is great! And the Riverwalk is sooo nice. You and your wife will really enjoy it i'm sure.

Guingirl, as far as I know a Sam Moon is still scheduled but I just haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 AM

30 posts, read 142,681 times
Morning all,

I'm originally a transplant from Chicago, now living in Irving (hasn't been a year yet even) and attempting to move over to either the Frisco or Keller area.

I'm having a hard time deciding.

For one, living in Keller would be cheaper. No tolls!

I'm in need of a bigger home. There will be 5 of us and we need at least 3 bedrooms...

What's important to me is the school system... and a safe neighborhood... we have three children... 11, 9 and 6...

Because my SO decided to go to college (which I can't blame her for!) we are on a financial burden at the moment since I'm the only one bringing in the income... I'm looking for a place to lease (in the $1,200-1,400 range) and Keller seems to fit that bill nicely... a 2,000sq ft home can be had easily for that amount...

Anyway... just thought I could get some more input... I haven't been in the Keller area that much yet and have spent more time out in Frisco ... Frisco seems to be a bit more developed and Keller certainly seems on its way there - but where I end up moving is where I want to stay - I don't want the kids to keep switching schools, etc... they've had enough of that, and so have I...

I'm currently working with a realtor that has either gotten frustrated because I've done a 180 from looking at Frisco to now wanting to look into Keller and is giving me this whole talk about not finding many places to lease out there... I'm thinking it's time for a new realtor!

Being new to the area I'm having a hard time finding where I really want to settle... but maybe you guys have some bits of advice/info to share? Maybe even a new realtor or place I can go to show me homes around the area?

Thanks, and if I've babbled too much... I apologize!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,688,351 times
What city will you be working in?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What city will you be working in?
I work in Irving. If I move to Frisco or Keller it will be a 25 mile commute either way.

I love my 15 minute drive to work now but a 3bed/2bath 1200 sq ft apartment (for $1,300-$1,400/mo) with no garage and no backyard isn't cutting it with me in Irving... I would sacrifice my time and the drive to have the kids in a safer neighborhood with good schools...

just to add: yes, i could look for a more affordable apartment in lewisville, or farmers branch in irving/dallas but the education system and safety around there become my bigger concerns... i just wouldn't feel safe/right

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,167,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 829 View Post
Morning all,

I'm originally a transplant from Chicago, now living in Irving (hasn't been a year yet even) and attempting to move over to either the Frisco or Keller area.

I'm having a hard time deciding.

For one, living in Keller would be cheaper. No tolls!

I'm in need of a bigger home. There will be 5 of us and we need at least 3 bedrooms...

What's important to me is the school system... and a safe neighborhood... we have three children... 11, 9 and 6...

Because my SO decided to go to college (which I can't blame her for!) we are on a financial burden at the moment since I'm the only one bringing in the income... I'm looking for a place to lease (in the $1,200-1,400 range) and Keller seems to fit that bill nicely... a 2,000sq ft home can be had easily for that amount...

Anyway... just thought I could get some more input... I haven't been in the Keller area that much yet and have spent more time out in Frisco ... Frisco seems to be a bit more developed and Keller certainly seems on its way there - but where I end up moving is where I want to stay - I don't want the kids to keep switching schools, etc... they've had enough of that, and so have I...

I'm currently working with a realtor that has either gotten frustrated because I've done a 180 from looking at Frisco to now wanting to look into Keller and is giving me this whole talk about not finding many places to lease out there... I'm thinking it's time for a new realtor!

Being new to the area I'm having a hard time finding where I really want to settle... but maybe you guys have some bits of advice/info to share? Maybe even a new realtor or place I can go to show me homes around the area?

Thanks, and if I've babbled too much... I apologize!
move to Austin

Old 03-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
move to Austin
Sorry, no. That's not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth