U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 PM

27,597 posts, read 45,043,307 times

Advertisements

any one have any current info or insight on the Ranchman Cafe in Ponder just south of Denton--usually people call it the Ponder Steakhouse...
we have never eaten there but my son is receiving his MA next Saturday at UNT and his college drew the 5 pm time slot---figure we won't get out of parking lot until 730 or so...
We want to have a small dinner afterward to celebrate.
I have never eaten a good meal in Denton at any restaurant....but we don't want to drive into FTW to Reatta or someplace like that because we will have people from Richardson and Dallas in our party....
My son suggested the Ponder Steakhouse- and I called and got reservation for 8 that night---I can take the very casual, old fashioned decor, but it is the food I am more concerned about....

Southern Living and Cowboys and Indians magazines give it top marks but I have read some posted comments on line that criticized the food pretty harshly... Some of the people in our party are picky about food...and I want everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves...

the person who helped me pick out the party invitation today actually lives in Ponder and drives to Hurst to work She said the hamburgers and quail were great but she did not really eat the steaks because she did not like steak---so that did not help so much...

Can anyone give some personal insight--has anyone eaten there lately....have they started the construction on the new rooms he is adding (read about that on-line)?

Or can you recommend a nice restaurant--something that would be good for party-type meal--will have 13 or 15 people----fairly close to Denton off I-35??? Seafood steak or Italian would work...

Appreciate the help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth