Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 AM

11 posts, read 31,583 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in our 20's, and we're moving to Fort Worth in Spring 2010 from Colorado. I've put together a budget, and I'm really only wanting to spend about $500 on rent to start (since we'll have to look for jobs when we get there). I've looked online to find apartments to live in for about this price, but there are horrible reviews on so many... we're scared!

Does anyone have any suggestions on safe, clean places to live in Fort Worth that aren't so pricey? I appreciate your help!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 PM

140 posts, read 270,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzeeblonde View Post
My husband and I are in our 20's, and we're moving to Fort Worth in Spring 2010 from Colorado. I've put together a budget, and I'm really only wanting to spend about $500 on rent to start (since we'll have to look for jobs when we get there). I've looked online to find apartments to live in for about this price, but there are horrible reviews on so many... we're scared!

Does anyone have any suggestions on safe, clean places to live in Fort Worth that aren't so pricey? I appreciate your help!!!
If you were on apartmentratings.com, it's hard to find a place that has good ratings on there. I've lived in many apartment complexes. One that used to be very good is Santa Fe Apartments on the north side of Ft. Worth near I-820 & I-35. It isn't so close that hear the interstate noise though. Very well managed and maintained. Check it out on apartmentratings, and see if it is still at 75% approval as this is a very hard figure to get to there. I think a 1 bedroom there is about 550 or 600/month. Sometimes they even have a move in special.

Moreover the north side of Ft. Worth around N. Beach Street & Western Center is a good community (Summerfields) and you will find something there near your price range. Some places are better than others, and it's all a function of management IMHO. I love women, but sometimes they are just to wimpy to seriously deal with problems or they aren't supported by the owners. Deposits on apartments are very cheap there.

Another good area of Ft. Worth for apartments is I-20 & Bryant Irvin Road. Very afforable $500/month places that are good places. Look south of I-20 on Bryant Irvin road for some really nice good places that are in pretty good neighborhoods.

Last edited by Endzone; 09-14-2009 at 11:31 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 AM

11 posts, read 31,583 times
Thank you! That helps a lot. I guess you can't believe everything you read on those reviews anyway. I'll take a look in those areas you suggested. Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
find a good crime map--police calls--and check out the areas
for incidents like car theft, vandalism, assault,

Old 10-18-2009, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 9,818 times
Default im looking too

My wife and I are looking too. We found some really cheap 1 bedrooms 5 minutes from downtown fort worth. We found them on Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more for only $700 a month with all bills paid! We might be moving next week. Hope it helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth