U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:13 PM

103 posts, read 623,551 times

Advertisements

I'm vegan...so, of course...I'm going to suggest the only vegan restaurant in Fort Worth. Spiral Diner on the corner of 6th and Magnolia. They have the BEST food! You will enjoy it even if you are not a vegetarian/vegan...and, their brownies are to die for! You can Google "Spiral Diner" to find more information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 PM

79 posts, read 322,613 times
How about lunch at The Zodiac inside the Fort Worth Neiman Marcus: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/in...requestid=6535

I also like Chipotle: http://www.chipotle.com/mapquest/adv...=30&radius=150

Check out Central Market [natural foods supermarket]: http://www.centralmarket.com/cm/cmLocation.jsp#WFree

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,046,336 times
For good fast food (I know that sounds like an oxymoron), I like eating at Freebirds (http://www.freebirds.com/fast/intro.htm - broken link) near the Hulen Mall. It's in the same parking lot as Bed Bath & Beyond there. They serve burritos.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,046,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcgal View Post
I'm vegan...so, of course...I'm going to suggest the only vegan restaurant in Fort Worth. Spiral Diner on the corner of 6th and Magnolia. They have the BEST food! You will enjoy it even if you are not a vegetarian/vegan...and, their brownies are to die for! You can Google "Spiral Diner" to find more information!
Here's their Web site and menu. (http://www.spiraldiner.com/main/index.htm - broken link) Thanks for the recommendation; I'll check them out one day.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:21 PM

26 posts, read 114,080 times
I'm not sure where you're coming from or what your experience has been, but we just moved here from SoCal so southern food is new to us. We've been to Zazzoo's on Bryant Irvin off the 20 a couple of times and had aligator tails (yes, the real thing!) and crawfish.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 AM

27,485 posts, read 44,973,761 times
Barn Babe---think you mean Razoo's--the cajun style restaurant...

Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM

26 posts, read 114,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Barn Babe---think you mean Razoo's--the cajun style restaurant...
Yeah, that's it

Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 AM

3,494 posts, read 12,706,283 times
oh yeah! the jalapeno soup at Reatta is to DIE FOR!
also leave room for their taco sundae

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My top recommend if you want something that defines FTW/TX experience would be Reatta restaurant in the old Caravan of Dreams location downtown FTW on Houston St--TX decor, wonderful service, consistent quality----has roof top bar w/glass ceiling---very Texas menu but cosmopolitan in presentations---almost any choice is sure to be pleasure to view and taste......love the jalapeno soup---usually have some game choices as well as good steak--pretty good chicken fried steak that is as large as the plate it is served on...
tamales appitizers are unique---chocolate dessert is too die for...
--they have vegetarian offerings for those who abstain from meat...views from this location are not the wonderful ones of the old one destroyed by tornado several years ago but they made the inside of the restaurant so pleasant the views take a backseat to food...whe you make reservation tell them it is your first time into FTW and Reatta--they will try to find you a good table from our experience dealing with them--had our daughter's engagement/birthday party in one of their private rooms--they were just really nice to work with...

Angelo's is the go-to BBQ in FTW---lots of tradition and good meat...not a clone---there is only one angelo's--

Personally, I find the food at Joe T. Garcia's pretty mediocre...the patios are nice and the margaritas vary in strength and quality...noisy usually..
interesting to note that Joe T's which used to rank in top 3 for alcohol sales in Tarrant co each year has slipped in ratings--Uncle Julio's off 30 is now top seller in FTW...so maybe people's tastes are shifting....

Might try the new burger place that Tim Love w/Lonesome Dove has started in Stockyards...

Cafe Ashton is little bit cosmo and upscale

There is Indian restaurant called Maharaja off Hulen Bend which is off the sw side of the 820 loop and close to west side of town....but i found that doing google search--don't know anything about it....

Since you will be doing house hunting west of town--you might like to know that there is BBQ place in Weatherford called Mesquite Pit that is on HWY 180 going into Weatherford--not I-20....might be good for lunch...or the Brazos River Catfish Cafe--This Old House off Main St is tea room w/quiche, salads, and sandwiches...Found these by Googling as well...
If your realtor is based out of FTW, he or she may not know anything about places to eat in Weatherford or Aledo...either...chains may be predictable but that can be a safety factor as well....

Old 05-11-2007, 11:14 AM

3,494 posts, read 12,706,283 times
cant believe NO ONE has mentioned RAILHEAD BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:26 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,812,986 times
Where is Railhead BBQ? We went to Angelos and it was okay, but I must just have a different taster for bbq than everyone else My hubby and Mom loved it, I just like mine a little more spicy and peppery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or