U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 AM

1,379 posts, read 5,818,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was coming back from DFW Airport after picking up some family members and we stopped off at Texas Cattle Ranch for a late dinner. It was pretty good! Service was great, too. Among our party, we had steak, baby back ribs, chicken breast, and chicken-friend chicken sandwich, all of which were enjoyable by their respective eaters. Their Caesar salad and mashed potatoes are very good. A good start to treating my family a good dining experience. Tomorrow, we're going to check out that vegan restaurant artcgal mentioned.

Ohh very cool! Thanks for the review. I have driven by that many times and was always curious. If you haven't been to Aubelos on 183, that is very good as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,059,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Ohh very cool! Thanks for the review. I have driven by that many times and was always curious. If you haven't been to Aubelos on 183, that is very good as well!
It's actually called Texas Land and Cattle. The one I went to is in Bedford.

Thanks, I'll have to check out Aubelos.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:23 AM

While this is recent, I'll mention where we ate today.

Lunch: Gino's Pizza & Pasta on Blue Mound Rd. just north of Loop 820 in north FW. For $6, the servings are huge and the food was delicious. I ordered a chicken parm plate, which also came w/ salad, rolls, and spaghetti.

Dinner: Cabo Grande in downtown FW, near 2nd & Houston. It's Tex-Mex food. I had a cheese & onion enchilada and it was pretty good. My family members enjoyed both places.

We didn't get a chance to go to the vegan restaurant artcgal mentioned, but will try to hit that tomorrow for dinner after we return from Dallas. We'll eat lunch somewhere in Dallas by the Cottonbowl.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 AM

27,609 posts, read 45,092,600 times
Anyone traveling/eating in Bedford area
TX Land and Cattle does fried pickles that are to die for--not on the menu any more but you can ask and they will deliver---big dill pickle spears w/nice crispy coating and some nice spicy ranch dipping sauce...
they also do their spinach side dish very well--fresh spinach steamed just enough--it is hot and wilted but not mushy...
My husband likes their grilled quail and I usually get the trout that has a fresh pico de gallo topping --strange to go to beef place and not order it...but they do the others so well...just a little noisy would be my only complaint--

Abuelo's is pretty good but we like a local place in Bedford in shopping center across Central from the HEB admin offices called Lupe's...food is usually really good....tastes fresh...good chip sauce (3 or 4 different kinds if you ask)...think a new place in same shopping center called Duke's that has outdoor patio eating and ribs is cutting into their business though so hope they stay open...

If you are going to eat around the Cotton Bowl/Fair Park area, you might check out Daddy Jack's place---there are two in Dallas--one up by SMU...the one by Fair Park is in older bldg--kind of electic look but good food--the lobster bisque was not as good as the Daddy Jack's in Sundance Sq in FTW and service was a little slow but they do a big lunch business (someone came in and got 12 orders of the lunch special while we were eating)...
we ate there before going to see a matinee of Wicked last month...parking is more of a hassle--no real lot---

If anyone is around the Info Mart there is great sandwich shop off Harry Hines there called Angelo's -- a sub shop --not bbq place--but they do a wonderful sub--fresh bread--special homemade sauce--you get either a red or green wrapper...place is kind of non-descript when you drive into it--small and old but sandwiches are wonderful....we first started eating them more than 35 years ago when we lived in Houston and then found this location when DH was working in Dallas...if we are doing anything in that area on a Saturday we usually try to go by and get some green wrappers--sometimes bring some back for friends who have fond memories as well....

Old 05-20-2007, 12:53 AM

Thanks for the info., loves2read. We did go to Fair Park in Dallas today, but couldn't find Daddy Jack's place within walking distance. So we ate at Old Mill Inn Restaurant, which is kind of between Magnolia Lounge and Grand Place. It was pretty good there, but nothing exceptional.

We then had lunch at Cotton Patch Cafe back in FW and that was great. It's located in Lake Worth near the Home Depot. Great food and service.

My family members have been impressed so far with the food in the D/FW area.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:39 AM

27,609 posts, read 45,092,600 times
made a mistake about name of the sub shop, though, so glad you did not look for it---name is Antoine's --not Angelo's--just one of those senior moments, I guess...

Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,722,740 times
never understood why so many folks like to frequent restaurant chains, when there are so many "authentic" places around...for instance, why eat at a tex mex chain restaurant when you live in Texas?
those authentic non-corrporate-run places offer better quality, better value, and a more unique experience
i just hate how America is becoming so "generic"

Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,818,497 times
I agree with you Belle..but its funny, I was all over Texas Roadhouse, and its really fun atmosphere and when we first visited we were thinking "Wow!! This is how it is done".

Then...when we were driving out here from Northern California, we drove and passed a Texas Roadhouse not an hour south of my old house there. Yah...I know...duh huh

Also...have to excuse some of us here too...I :blush: really like Cracker Barrel and the first time I had been to one (and I always considered myself a "traveler") last year.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,722,740 times
ok ok...i admit i love Cracker Barrel
and i always heard good things about Saltgrass Steakhouse but never tried it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
I agree with you Belle..but its funny, I was all over Texas Roadhouse, and its really fun atmosphere and when we first visited we were thinking "Wow!! This is how it is done".

Then...when we were driving out here from Northern California, we drove and passed a Texas Roadhouse not an hour south of my old house there. Yah...I know...duh huh

Also...have to excuse some of us here too...I :blush: really like Cracker Barrel and the first time I had been to one (and I always considered myself a "traveler") last year.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM

I ate at a Tex-Mex chain restaurant today: Don Pablos. But that's b/c I was dropping off a family member to DFW airport and we wanted to eat Tex-Mex near the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or