Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Where is Railhead BBQ? We went to Angelos and it was okay, but I must just have a different taster for bbq than everyone else My hubby and Mom loved it, I just like mine a little more spicy and peppery.
I believe it's around Exit 11'ish off I-30. If you're going east, it's toward downtown, but not as far east. A coworker mentioned it to me when we were driving in the area, but that was last summer and I've since forgotten the details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 05:49 AM

103 posts, read 676,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Here's their Web site and menu. (http://www.spiraldiner.com/main/index.htm - broken link) Thanks for the recommendation; I'll check them out one day.
Thanks for posting the link...I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do that or not! LOL!

My favorites are:

Grilled Tofu Sandwich
Jamaican Jerk (Tempeh)
"The Mitch"
8-Layer Burrito
and
right now their Blue Plate Special is to die for!

and...if you have a sweet tooth...you HAVE to have some of their bakery items. Their brownies are the BEST!!...and, their oatmeal raisin and/or chocolate chip cooks are FANTASTIC!! My dh always gets a slice of their cake...and, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
yes--I thought about rail head bbq---I was surprised that the one out on 121 in Colleyville has closed....seemed to be busy when we went there...I like their ribs but dh likes the ones at Spring Creek better---must say that the last few times we went to that Railhead, the ribs had LOTS of dry rub on them...
maybe their bar business had dropped off---Randy Galloway used to set up shop in their bar area and do his radio show one night a week---it was really crowded then....

went to the drive thorugh window one day to get big takeout order and nobody was home--sign said OOB===out of business...thought there was so much food traffic in that part of metroplex you really had to have bad food to close your doors....

Old 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcgal View Post
Thanks for posting the link...I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do that or not! LOL!

My favorites are:

Grilled Tofu Sandwich
Jamaican Jerk (Tempeh)
"The Mitch"
8-Layer Burrito
and
right now their Blue Plate Special is to die for!

and...if you have a sweet tooth...you HAVE to have some of their bakery items. Their brownies are the BEST!!...and, their oatmeal raisin and/or chocolate chip cooks are FANTASTIC!! My dh always gets a slice of their cake...and, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting!
Thanks for the recommendation! My family members should look forward to checking out that restaurant. Maybe we'll do so after hitting the zoo since it appears to be within a few miles from there. So everything at that restaurant is vegetarian? I'm not really into desserts, but I know they are.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:32 PM

58 posts, read 241,750 times
Railhead is on Montgomery & I-30; just west of downtown. Exit Montgomery & go south--it's on the right. If you're there during peak hours, be prepared for a long wait in line as there is no table service. It's worth it.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:10 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
Thanks! We will definately have to try that!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:42 AM

49 posts, read 251,732 times
Wow, some really great suggestions here! We did hit Mesquite Pit in Weatherford for lunch. Pretty good food and an interesting atmosphere! We also found Maharaja and it was good too. For breakfast one day we drove out to Ol' South Pancake house and had the german pancake that was recommended- WOW! That 1 pancake kept me full for hours- it was delicious! I will have to keep a list of all these places handy so that when we move down there we can try them all!

Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
we have eaten at Ol' South before--don't know that I would recommend it--2nd time we were there had dirty cup, dirty silverware and really bad service...

Old 05-17-2007, 11:20 PM

I was coming back from DFW Airport after picking up some family members and we stopped off at Texas Cattle Ranch for a late dinner. It was pretty good! Service was great, too. Among our party, we had steak, baby back ribs, chicken breast, and chicken-friend chicken sandwich, all of which were enjoyable by their respective eaters. Their Caesar salad and mashed potatoes are very good. A good start to treating my family a good dining experience. Tomorrow, we're going to check out that vegan restaurant artcgal mentioned.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
My favorite barbecue in the world is Angelos, I have their dry rub in the kitchen as we speak. One time my family had them package up barbecue and all the fixins and they sent it to me here in Florida as a surprise...

It was like someone had dropped manna from heaven on my doorstep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth